Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"If you discard this card to build a Power reactor, pay (1) less. If you discard this card to gain (money), gain (1) more."

The card description is inside a yellow (delayed) banner, which means the ability could not be executed until end game scoring. I assume that the yellow banner is an error and this is meant to be a white (immediate) banner. Can somebody confirm or, if not, how/when exactly is the card meant to be used?

As a side note, I'm not excited about this card from a points perspective. Most 3 cost card max out at 5VP, but this is a straight 3VP : 3 money card. Unless I'm late in the fourth year, it seems like using the card for the ability is going to be better than building it for points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The yellow frame is indeed an error. However, it doesn't affect the card much because the ability applies when you discard the card for an effect (either credits or reactor), not when you build it.

This card is a little bit "out-of-the-box". It's a location you don't want to build in your Station, it's more worthy to discard it instead. That's why it gives you just 3 points. The best way to use it, is to discard it and gain a bonus on the effect you will be getting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls