Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
TN
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Level 05 BGG posterMicrobadge: Kingdom Death: Monster fanMicrobadge: I sleeve everythingMicrobadge: BattleCON: Devastation of Indines fan - Karin BrandtfordMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica fan

Just finished my Lion.

I added Gore to him at first, and I hated the way it looked, so I wound up having to paint over it, and wasnt able to match the shade again exactly. its bugging me, but it came out okay I guess.

This is what it looked like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great to me.
The gore version wasn't bad but I think your survivors won't get too much critical hits looking at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Did you use liquid green stuff or the putty kind? I'm thinking I need to use one on my lion before I paint but I've used neither before.I was wondering what you used because it turned out so nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
TN
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Level 05 BGG posterMicrobadge: Kingdom Death: Monster fanMicrobadge: I sleeve everythingMicrobadge: BattleCON: Devastation of Indines fan - Karin BrandtfordMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica fan
Little of both. Mainly the putty kind. I used the liquid kind on the smaller gaps that would be difficult to get with the putty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Okay, so it would probably be a good idea to pick up both then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
TN
flag msg tools
badge
imo yeah, if you can afford it. because the liquid stuff sucks in large gapos, and the puddy sucks and is hard to work with in the small gaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have been assembling miniatures (mostly GW) for 15 years and only ever used putty greenstuff not the liquid... You don't necessarily need it. If you want both, sure you can find a use for them. But if you want to just get 1, I would go for the putty. You can change the ratio of blue:yellow depending on what you are doing. More blue = stiffer (large gaps) more yellow = softer (small gaps).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback Steve. I was wondering what altering the ratio would do to the putty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls