Ben Bruckart
United States
Gainesville
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Winless Streaker
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct me if I missed these things. This is going to be a semi-rant and a semi-praise with some scattered questions that I couldn't find answers to while playing.

First, the game is good. Its real fun and real thinky. We ended up with scores at 99, 87, 84, 60 in a 4p game. The 99 scoring player purchased tons of small buildings and did not have any free cubes in turn 7.

Questions:
1. Can you place discs in places without performing the actions? Like if you don't have extra cubes on the board but you place in the garden area to get the population points (with special disc) but you dont put down a garden?

2. In the final turn, when covering up the final turn market spaces (note: not tiles), are you covering up just to compensate later turn players on the row/column or are you also making the spaces unavailable for the purchase market action space?

3. In turn 7, for building buildings... do you get 2 population points? The round track does not have 2 people pegs but the rules say you score population points.

4. We have 14 cubes to start with. One goes to player order. Are we limited to the rest of our cubes or are cubes unlimited?

5. Are you limited to 9 buildings or could you go higher? We had someone who rushed small buildings and ran out of cubes but if cubes were unlimited, he could have gone to 9 or more. Is 9 the max?

We found the game got a way lot easier after we determined that buildings increase your incomes and everything else increases your prestige marker on the scoring track.

The pure negative... for a premium game that cost a bunch of euros and shipping cost, the fact remains that Spielworxx does not a bad job at final components. The board has 2, sixty seven spaces. The purple cubes are red or pink (depends on your copy). The black/brown on the player aid is black. Naked and white are stupid similar on market tiles. The rulebook is a slog fest until the first game is done. Its just a pain. It shouldnt be that way for a premium product like that. The yellow is more beige than yellow... ugh.

Still a good game and the designer should be commended for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bruckart
United States
Gainesville
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Winless Streaker
mbmbmbmbmb
I have already found some answers to my questions.

1. Not answered yet.
2. Yes. The 3$ cost takes that spot away for others.
3. Not answered yet.
4. Cubes are unlimited.
5. 9 buildings is the limit. You need ~15 buildings for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to post your specific rule questions in rules or look in there to see if they've been answered already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Grimaldi
Italy
Limbiate
Monza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Questions:
1. Can you place discs in places without performing the actions? Like if you don't have extra cubes on the board but you place in the garden area to get the population points (with special disc) but you dont put down a garden?
Not answered yet but from what i remind i suppose No.

2. In the final turn, when covering up the final turn market spaces (note: not tiles), are you covering up just to compensate later turn players on the row/column or are you also making the spaces unavailable for the purchase market action space?
I suppose reply above is right.

3. In turn 7, for building buildings... do you get 2 population points? The round track does not have 2 people pegs but the rules say you score population points.
No, just because you get points if you build a building of the current turn, so you get point until turn 6 since there's no 7-build available.

4. We have 14 cubes to start with. One goes to player order. Are we limited to the rest of our cubes or are cubes unlimited?
Unlimited....already said in another post.

5. Are you limited to 9 buildings or could you go higher? We had someone who rushed small buildings and ran out of cubes but if cubes were unlimited, he could have gone to 9 or more. Is 9 the max?
I suppose reply above is right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bruckart
United States
Gainesville
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Winless Streaker
mbmbmbmbmb
Question 1 stemmed from us running out of cubes which we played wrong because there are so few in the box.

But the idea remains the same, If you dont have money, can you put a disc down on an action to make use the special ability or just take up the action space? Like trying to make it so there are few constructions actions by placing a disc on construction even if you have no resources OR going to the build garden spot with your special disc, even if you dont have a cube to put a garden down on but you want the 2 population points.

Question 3, that makes sense, we couldnt understand why no population points in the seventh round.

An extra question, when construction, you place your cube down on one of the "squares" of the building you are erecting. For Buildings #0 and Buildings #1 do you just pick a top or bottom or do you get both. We played that you pick a top or bottom and that seemed right to me but i didnt like the language of the 'square' from the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Frahm
United States
Queen Creek
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
brbdc wrote:
An extra question, when construction, you place your cube down on one of the "squares" of the building you are erecting. For Buildings #0 and Buildings #1 do you just pick a top or bottom or do you get both. We played that you pick a top or bottom and that seemed right to me but i didnt like the language of the 'square' from the rules.
You played it right - pick the 'square'. That allows for Action 7.8 to come into play (see example diagram in upper left corner of page on a level 0/1 tile).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Garcia
Portugal
Tomar
Lisboa
flag msg tools
designer
I am addicted to Game Design!
badge
Time flies when designing games!
mbmbmbmbmb
brbdc wrote:

Questions:
I recommend that you only can use a spot if you can pay for it as an universal rule. This prevents blocking behaviors against the spirit of the game (building, management) and it is also more logical.

I suppose the other questions were already solved

Thanks for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bruckart
United States
Gainesville
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Winless Streaker
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Thanks Alexandre! Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Frieg
Germany
Gummersbach
NRW
flag msg tools
Fan since 1988
badge
I AM WATCHING U
mbmbmbmbmb
When i use 7.8 in the rule book (moving a cube on a building) do i loose the bonus i was on before (go back with those markers and move others forward) or do i just add the new bonus on my playerboard and keep the old bonus? I could then switch multiple times back and forth to get it again and again?

I am starting my first game tomorrow and want to play it right. The german rules just say adjust.. but not how i do it.

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Frahm
United States
Queen Creek
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
Mottchen wrote:
When i use 7.8 in the rule book (moving a cube on a building) do i loose the bonus i was on before (go back with those markers and move others forward) or do i just add the new bonus on my playerboard and keep the old bonus? I could then switch multiple times back and forth to get it again and again?

I am starting my first game tomorrow and want to play it right. The german rules just say adjust.. but not how i do it.

thanks
If, for example, the building spot you occupied was for one resource and one coin... move your resource marker and your money marker down one spot. If the new spot is for two prestige, for example, move your small prestige marker up two spots. REMEMBER: you only get the income (resources, prestige, money) at the END of the round, NOT DURING the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Frieg
Germany
Gummersbach
NRW
flag msg tools
Fan since 1988
badge
I AM WATCHING U
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Brian, so i always loose the bonus i was on before moving my cubes on the other spot on the same building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Frahm
United States
Queen Creek
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
Mottchen wrote:
Thanks Brian, so i always loose the bonus i was on before moving my cubes on the other spot on the same building.
Correct. Adjustments made each time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uli Blennemann
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Please bear with me - I will answer all questions here on Sunday afternoon and post a new FAQ.

Thank you all for your support! You are the best!

Uli
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uli Blennemann
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
...New FAQ will be up tomorrow...

Uli
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uli Blennemann
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: Can you place discs in places without performing the actions? Like if you don't have extra cubes on the board but you place in the garden area to get the population points (with special disc) but you don´t put down a garden?

No.

Question: In turn 7, for building buildings... do you get 2 population points? The round track does not have 2 people pegs.

No, you do not get these points.

Question: Are you limited to 9 buildings or could you go higher? We had someone who rushed small buildings and ran out of cubes but if cubes were unlimited, he could have gone to 9 or more. Is 9 the max?

Yes, 9 is the maximum.

I´ll update the pdf asap.

Uli
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bruckart
United States
Gainesville
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Winless Streaker
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Uli.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Garcia
Portugal
Tomar
Lisboa
flag msg tools
designer
I am addicted to Game Design!
badge
Time flies when designing games!
mbmbmbmbmb
brbdc wrote:

Hello, to get 9 population points each time you cross a "10" with your prestige marker, you need more than only 9 buildings (14 of them). meeple

Thanks for playing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Frahm
United States
Queen Creek
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
Immaterial wrote:
Hello, to get 9 population points each time you cross a "10" with your prestige marker, you need more than only 9 buildings (14 of them)
To clarify further, you advance your building marker on the track building icon by building icon, not box by box. This means that you sometimes need to build two buildings before advancing your building token to the next numbered box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls