9 Posts

The Castles of Burgundy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about turn order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Some Guy
United States
flag msg tools
In the rules it says "Depending on what type of tile was places, the following occurs immediately afterwards"

Then under the Ship (blue) tile it says " Should this result in him being start player for the next round then he also receives the white die"

Does this mean that two players could fight for first, placing ships one after the other and block the other players from ever getting a turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you'll become startplayer in the next round.

Turn order:

Round 1
Player A
Player B (builds a ship, receives white die)
Player C
Round 2
Player B
Player C
Player A

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BaSL wrote:
No, you'll become startplayer in the next round.

Turn order:

Round 1
Player A
Player C
Round 2
Player B
Player C
Player A

Not to quibble, but the actual turn order, assuming only B built a ship would be:

Round 1
Player A
Player C
Round 2
Player B
Player A
Player C

The relative turn order of A and C would not swap, it stays the same if neither built a ship.

From the rules: ... the start player carries his turn out. It is then the turn of the next player in turn order (moving from right to left on the turn order track and from top to bottom in a given tower).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ow, yes. Sorry about that. thumbsup

(Excuse: my last games were 2-player )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can fight in the same turn, if you place a boat and advance getting the white dice and being first player next turn can be changed if your opponent could do it also putting it's pawn above your and the. he would be first player
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Ashworth
United Kingdom
Todmorden
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidallves wrote:
Yes you can fight in the same turn, if you place a boat and advance getting the white dice and being first player next turn can be changed if your opponent could do it also putting it's pawn above your and the. he would be first player

Just a quick query, I'm gathering that the turn stays the same from round to round and phase to phase, and only changes when a player purchases a boat, thus moving him further along the turn order track?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stran_get_oo wrote:
davidallves wrote:

Just a quick query, I'm gathering that the turn stays the same from round to round and phase to phase, and only changes when a player purchases a boat, thus moving him further along the turn order track?

That is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Ashworth
United Kingdom
Todmorden
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers Peter

We've only played this once and we wasn't sure how the turn order worked, so after looking at the rules and on the rules forum, I thought that I would put that post out.

Ste
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stran_get_oo wrote:
Cheers Peter

We've only played this once and we wasn't sure how the turn order worked, so after looking at the rules and on the rules forum, I thought that I would put that post out.

Ste

Yeh. I like the idea that turn order isn't rotated arbitrarily to a certain extent, but if your opponent insists on staying ahead of you with ships then you're going to be going 2nd (in a 2p game) for virtually the whole thing which could suck.

Still, my wife and I really like this as a 2p game and I'm playing online on Yucata with a gaming friend. Good fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.