Hide
6 Posts

BGG» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Custom foam core inserts for any game if you send me a copy! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Jake
msg tools
So I'm not sure how this will be received, but I had an idea today that maybe some of the board game enthusiasts on here would like to make a trade. Let's say you bought a new game and have some extra cash but don't have the time/desire to make your own foam core inserts. If you send me a copy of the same game (to keep), I'll design custom foam core inserts and papercraft to make the game well organized and pretty and send them to you for your copy.

I thought this might be a fun way to add to my meager board game collection (not able to spend much dough at the moment, currently in grad school), while providing a service that enthusiasts might enjoy. You cover the cost of the game, and I cover the cost of the building materials, time/skill for assembly, and shipping the completed project to you.

I'm not an artist and don't claim my end results will be as refined laser-cut wood, but I'm pretty detailed oriented and enjoy doing these sorts of craft. Take a look at a few games I took pics of over on BGG:

I'm pretty much open for whatever game, we'd just have to chat a bit beforehand to make sure it's a good match. Any custom details about the insert should be fine, too.

This isn't meant to be some business-like arrangement, but rather a congenial handshake type affair. I'll do my best to make the insert look and feel great, and if you aren't satisfied, I'll happily send the game back. All in good fun.

If anyone is interested, let me know, it might be fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Touch of Evil?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Jake
msg tools
Sure, I'd be happy to customize Touch of Evil. Looks like a fun game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Jake
msg tools
Is anybody else interested? I love making these inserts, I have honestly purchased games just to customize/organize them! It is just a very enjoyable craft hobby for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianna
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jake9115 wrote:
Is anybody else interested? I love making these inserts, I have honestly purchased games just to customize/organize them! It is just a very enjoyable craft hobby for me.
I do like the idea - I just don't have a game in mind at the moment. Completely sympathize with the grad student budget though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Jake
msg tools
I'm glad you like my idea! I figured it can be win-win for the right sort of gamer. And grad school is just so longggg. Glad somebody can sympathize! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls