Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We are preparing to start round 2 of the latest Darkest Night playtest. Anyone who missed the first round but is still interested in participating has another chance to join now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now there is an upcoming discount offer of the game within these few days, while here seems something like new expansion is slowly emerging...
zombie Should I wait or buy...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Graham
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've greatly enjoyed the game, I'd say buy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the new expansion is seeking new play testers, then it's not going to be ready within the duration of the sale. Probably not for months or more.

I would go ahead and buy now with the sale. Play with what you've got, and when the next expansion comes out you'll be ready for it.

Also, looking at the VPG section of the forums, while it's not uncommon for them to have sales (seems to be about 8 per year), many of them are for specific games. The odds of a sale having a bigger discount AND covering this particular game (which as I understand is their highest seller and thus in less need of discounting) seems very low. i.e. - this is probably the best sale you'll see short of buying/trading for a used copy.

Finally, application incoming. I would love to help out with testing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb
Curses! I'm in the UK Ah well. Hope the play testing goes to plan and the expansion is with us all soon! Looking forward to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you all say true, this discount offer is really quite a good chance for me to purchase. After much pondering, I think I'll grab the Bundle, 3rd and 4th expansion only, leaving out the promos as they will be in some upcoming expansion, if not mistaken...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jupiter999 wrote:
I think you all say true, this discount offer is really quite a good chance for me to purchase. After much pondering, I think I'll grab the Bundle, 3rd and 4th expansion only, leaving out the promos as they will be in some upcoming expansion, if not mistaken...
I was originally thinking the same thing. I have the Necromancer Bundle w/ Nymph plus expansions 3 & 4 so I'm only missing the other three promos.

I was going to order them when Dawn of the Zeds 3rd Edition came out, but it's actually slightly cheaper to just buy them now on the BGG store and get them sooner.

There probably will be an expansion that bundles all four of them together, but chances are it might not be out by the time Zeds3 releases (causing a second shipping payment) and it probably won't save me more than a buck or two anyway. For that little, I decided to just go ahead and order them from the BGG store and have them now. Done and done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls