Stephen Hall
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an interesting situation, and I'd like to get my fellow Geeks' input on how to navigate it.

Basically, I entered a Facebook contest from a small game publisher, and I wound up winning. The contest said the prize was a copy of one of their games, along with a few other assorted promos and goodies (custom dice, a nice game mat, etc.).

I got the package today, and it only contained the game, no extras. I don't know what to do. I don't want to seem rude or ungrateful, because I'm really happy that I won a free game, and it's awesome that the publisher ran this contest. I would just like to get the other goodies that were advertised.

How would you go about this? Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rueben the sandwich
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
juggler5 wrote:
I have an interesting situation, and I'd like to get my fellow Geeks' input on how to navigate it.

Basically, I entered a Facebook contest from a small game publisher, and I wound up winning. The contest said the prize was a copy of one of their games, along with a few other assorted promos and goodies (custom dice, a nice game mat, etc.).

I got the package today, and it only contained the game, no extras. I don't know what to do. I don't want to seem rude or ungrateful, because I'm really happy that I won a free game, and it's awesome that the publisher ran this contest. I would just like to get the other goodies that were advertised.

If it is what was promised, then you have a right to inquire about the other shwag. Other than being polite, nothing else I can think of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hall
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atomicteaspoon wrote:
If it is what was promised, then you have a right to inquire about the other shwag. Other than being polite, nothing else I can think of.
Thanks for the reply. I noticed that the box it came in was the perfect size for the game, so it could be that that was the KS shipping box, specifically made to fit that game, and the rest will be sent separately. If that's the case, though, it seems odd that both packages didn't arrive today...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
Microbadge: "Made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs."Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: English syntax to Jedi not important is!Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fan
Asking for it is neither rude nor ungrateful.

You did a deal with the publisher; he did not fulfill his part as promised, so a friendly mail can't hurt. Probably it was just an oversight. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of games like nobody's business!
Microbadge: Viticulture fanMicrobadge: Evolution fanMicrobadge: Root fanMicrobadge: L.A. Lakers fanMicrobadge: San Francisco 49ers fan
juggler5 wrote:
atomicteaspoon wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I noticed that the box it came in was the perfect size for the game, so it could be that that was the KS shipping box, specifically made to fit that game, and the rest will be sent separately. If that's the case, though, it seems odd that both packages didn't arrive today...
If the game was shipped from a fulfillment house and the other stuff came from the company's office, it's easy to see why they wouldn't arrive at the same time. Give it a couple days, then politely inquire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hall
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
If the game was shipped from a fulfillment house and the other stuff came from the company's office, it's easy to see why they wouldn't arrive at the same time. Give it a couple days, then politely inquire.
Indeed. Since I only got the game today, I'll give it a couple days to see if anything else shows up. It appears the package was sent directly from the publisher, not from a fulfillment center, but that's a good point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Template for politely inquiring, without sounding rude or ungrateful:

Quote:
Dear company X,

Thank you for your game! I entered your Facebook contest and ended up winning [game x]. The package arrived today and the game looks splendid. I cannot wait to try it out. Again, thank you for having organised this contest.

I have a small question, though. In your context, next to the game, the winner would also get [x,y,z]. These items were not included in the package. Will these items be sent in a separate shipment? If so, do you have any idea when they'll arrive?

Kind regards,

Stephen Hall
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent template there & about exactly how I would handle the inquiry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juggler5 wrote:

Contact them and inquire when you should expect the other shipment with the promos.

Edit: I see someone beat me to it!

Pete (likes to gently hint rather than be confronational)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hall
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whymme wrote:
Template for politely inquiring, without sounding rude or ungrateful:

Quote:
Dear company X,

Thank you for your game! I entered your Facebook contest and ended up winning [game x]. The package arrived today and the game looks splendid. I cannot wait to try it out. Again, thank you for having organised this contest.

I have a small question, though. In your context, next to the game, the winner would also get [x,y,z]. These items were not included in the package. Will these items be sent in a separate shipment? If so, do you have any idea when they'll arrive?

Kind regards,

Stephen Hall
Thank you for this suggestion. Nothing else came in today's mail, so I have passed this along to the publisher, and I am awaiting a response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Whymme has got it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary hood
United States
Utica
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea man I would ask! Sometimes easier said than done, but it's part of the prize package. They'll probably be happy you contacted them because they don't want you to be unhappy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel L
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
^ Good template. There's a typo on the word contest in the second paragraph.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad T
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Joel_L wrote:
^ Good template. There's a typo on the word contest in the second paragraph.
That's sign it was hand written and not just copy pasted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls