3 Posts

Perfect Alibi» Forums » General

Subject: Timing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have encountered some things that are a little weird with timing. One person has the turn to ask and he and another person both know that when they get this piece of information, they have the answer. So they need to hit the table as quickly as possible after the third person answers the question, this seems a little silly.

I was wondering if you should only allow people to guess on their turn. This would fix timing annoyances, but it does seem very annoying for the player who just figured it out but has to wait for his turn to come up.

Alternatively (and I am leaning towards this) you could say that when someone hits the table, the current player gets to guess first (if he wants to) and then it goes around the table with everyone sitting before the player who knocked getting a shot (if they want).

Was this a problem for anyone else? Or am I maybe missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Amundsen Østby
Norway
Langhus
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Christian.
Through countless number of plays this has actually never been a problem. Sounds like a special situation if both players know that the other player will also know the answer, but it is certainly possible

If - on your turn - you know you will have the solution, you can claim the "One last question"-rule. Then you can ask any one question, after which you will have to make a guess. Since you don't have to knock the table, this guess gets timing priority over other players' guesses.

If the situation occurs between two non-active players, and they both knock the table at the same time, I would say they both get a guess and eventually share the victory if they are both correct.

If you don't like shared victories, break such tiles by seating order, beginning with the active player going clockwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, thanks for your input. I will try it the normal way some more before messing with stuff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls