Subject: International market + timing reputation tile in 3rd slot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeroen Van Hecke
Belgium
Lovendegem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
-Is it possible to take one of the actions in the international market when you have no assistants available, if you know that you will gain a bonus that lets you recruit an assistant for free?
I think it is possible, because in both actions the placing of the assistant is the last step, so you have already gained the bonus.
However for the auction action the order of resolution on the player aid is slightly different than in the rules. The player aid states that you first have to move an assistant and then take the bonus.

-When do you place the reputation tile gained when you place your third piece of art in your gallery? Right after the location action, or after your location action and executive action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lee
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Andy, you Goonie!!!
Microbadge: Punching Cardboard podcast fanMicrobadge: Heavy Cardboard podcast fanMicrobadge: LudologistMicrobadge: The Deep End Podcast FanMicrobadge: I like learning games more than winning them!
sikahert wrote:
-Is it possible to take one of the actions in the international market when you have no assistants available, if you know that you will gain a bonus that lets you recruit an assistant for free?
I think it is possible, because in both actions the placing of the assistant is the last step, so you have already gained the bonus.
On page 12, it explicitly states in one of the gray boxes, "A Player who has no available Assistants may not perform this action."

Also, thematically it does not make sense: how can you send one of your assistants to promote your gallery on the international market if you have nobody to send? You still have to have somebody at your office desk to make the calls, even if that call means you're hiring somebody else (the "hire the topmost assistant from your unemployment queue for free" action).

sikahert wrote:
However for the auction action the order of resolution on the player aid is slightly different than in the rules. The player aid states that you first have to move an assistant and then take the bonus.
That is true. Even so, thematically it still makes sense that you would have to have an assistant to place there in the first place. That is, you need a least one person hired to put in a bid for a huge, international auction. I think Vital wants to make sure that the assistants are all properly hired and compensated for! A good gallerist treats their assistants well

sikahert wrote:
-When do you place the reputation tile gained when you place your third piece of art in your gallery? Right after the location action, or after your location action and executive action?
This is stated on page 8 in the middle of the page: "If a Reputation tile was on the slot, the Player places it over the displayed Work of Art until he finishes his turn. At the end of his turn, he places the tile onto one of the empty Reputation spaces on his Player board, receiving the bonus printed on that space (not the tile itself). He must then move one Visitor from his Lobby back to the Plaza (if he has any). Because a Player only has 1 Reputation tile on his 3rd slot, each player can do this only once per game."

Pretty sure that it is done after the location action is done but before an optionally-taken Executive Action done after. Executive Actions are done before or after location actions. So you'd fill up the 3rd space in the gallery, do the reputation tile bit, and then spend some tickets or take a contract bonus. Even if you forgot and did it after the EA, I'm not sure it would make much difference in the end, unless I'm missing something--I don't think any of the contract bonuses would trigger another Reputation tile acquisition, e.g.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2020 - Kanban EV, Mercado de Lisboa, 2021 - Weather Machine, Surviving Mars Exp, 2022 - House of Crime, Bot Factory, 2023 - Neural Net, 2024 - Escape Plan the Heist
mbmbmbmbmb
You need 3 conditions to access the Market:
1. Visitors on the lobby
2. Works of art/money
3. Assistants
If you miss any you cannot go there.

Please check the grey boxes in page 12 of the rulebook.

Right after the location action because taking that tile is part of the location action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Van Hecke
Belgium
Lovendegem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much, this clears things up.

Played it yesterday for the first time and we all enjoyed it very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:
You need 3 conditions to access the Market:
1. Visitors on the lobby
2. Works of art/money
3. Assistants
If you miss any you cannot go there.

Please check the grey boxes in page 12 of the rulebook.

Right after the location action because taking that tile is part of the location action.
A point of clarification, please. Say I have an Assistant on the Market and he gets kicked out by another player. If I pay influence to perform a Local Action for my KO, can I use the Assistant that was kicked out to occupy the space?

The rules state that I can use an Assistant at a desk or at a Location to occupy the space. The Assistant certainly was at a Location, but being kicked out implies that he isn't there any more. It depends whether the KO space is considered part of the Location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaut Palfer-Sollier
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He is still at the location, on the black spot.
Vital already confirmed that can use a meeple just kicked out during the kicked out action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2020 - Kanban EV, Mercado de Lisboa, 2021 - Weather Machine, Surviving Mars Exp, 2022 - House of Crime, Bot Factory, 2023 - Neural Net, 2024 - Escape Plan the Heist
mbmbmbmbmb
When ever you need an asssitant you may take it from either his office or a Location.
You can find the specific uses on pag 6 ( executive action ) and on page 12, international market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls