Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was a bit tricky to find, but here it is:

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Black-Risk-Game/dp/B00SDJGDI...

But I must say the additional ship/death star models look kinda ugly...
I prefer my micro machines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking the minis from that new Rebellion game are going to sub in nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan B.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this edition supposed to be limited in any way? Do I need to buy this now or, ahem, risk regretting it later?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought a micro machines pack that has the Falcon, a Star Destroyer, and Vader & Luke figures to spice up my copy of the regular Edition. It also has a Tie Interceptor, X Wing, and B Wing, all for $10. I don't care about the Death Star since it doesn't move. I'd like to get a Han Solo mini for the Endor Track. I can do without Stormtroopers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Precioussssssssss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Roehr
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wondering if its going to get the amazon style discount soon..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Schwarz
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
Support Fridays for Future!
badge
maybe on the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one....
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Rebellion blows this out of the water big time (at least for me, but I was a bit disappointed in Risk, anyway, because I feel it is too watered down from Queen's Gambit).

IMHO Rebellion has the nicer looking minis, the non-corny map layout, the better and deeper gameplay. Then again, Risk doesn't try to be a very deep game, so it's ultimately unfair to compare the two games.

Let's just say Rebellion looks like it will be the game I hoped Risk would be when I first heard of it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, you are referring to this Risk, not the other "real" Star Wars Risk game that's out there? Cause that would be indeed a much fairer comparison to Rebellion. At least in terms of scale (spanning several systems).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neva Kee wrote:
I think Rebellion blows this out of the water big time (at least for me, but I was a bit disappointed in Risk, anyway, because I feel it is too watered down from Queen's Gambit).

IMHO Rebellion has the nicer looking minis, the non-corny map layout, the better and deeper gameplay. Then again, Risk doesn't try to be a very deep game, so it's ultimately unfair to compare the two games.

Let's just say Rebellion looks like it will be the game I hoped Risk would be when I first heard of it
Rebellion might blow this out of the water, but is this "Queen's Gambit" version anything like the new FF Rebellion? I did not think that Rebellion was going to be a richer Gambit experience or a watered down version (like you feel this game is), but something else entirely? It sort of reminds me of Forbidden Star with its board and crazy long playtime.

So even if Rebellion is a better game, does it matter if they are both doing different things and have very different play experiences/goals? I plan on getting Rebellion, but I think the audience for it (aside from a super fan that buys everything SW) is much different based on playtime alone. I do hate the minis in this though.....Gold Millennium Falcon, come on lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan B.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you share which Micro Machines you bought?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rbf1138 wrote:
I replaced all cardboard tokens and ships with actual micro machines. I think it's best you check out the image section for this game to see for yourself.

You can see all components on this image:
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2695240/risk-star-wars-editi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Santoni
United States
Davie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Neva Kee wrote:

Pretty different game. Rebellion is basically a galaxy conquest game while this version of Risk is essentially just the battle of Endor being played out on 3 stages similar to Queen's Gambit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan B.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like a lot of money, maybe ebaying indiviuals would be better...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001JSYYSQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WO09U6Y/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl...

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Machines-Imperial-Stormtroop...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Thomas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing in Canada?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rbf1138 wrote:
I first went with this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WO09U6Y?psc=1&redirect=t...
To get the Falcon, a Star Destroyer (close enough), and the Vadar and Luke figures for the Duel.

But then I decided that for $5 I would get this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WO09UGY?psc=1&redirect=t...

and actually have a legit Executor.

So $15, plus I now have some stocking stuffers for my grandson (X Wing, Tie Interceptor, Tie Bomber, B-Wing, and Falcon.) Seems like a win-win.

I don't care about having a Death Star since it doesn't move. At some point I'd like to get a Han Solo to use on the Endor Track. Storm Troopers are too pricey at the moment so I'll just stick with the tokens.

Somewhere I have a Star Wars Monopoly (it was a gift - I swear - it's not my fault) that I'll check to see if there's anything useful inside.

Edit: I just realized I wrote almost the exact same thing in a previous post above this one! blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kind of regretting waiting now. The Black Series version doesn't seem to be worth $27 more than the cheaper version, and the paint job on the Falcon/DS/Executor minis makes my eyes bleed. I think I'll hold off a little while and see if Amazon puts it on sale. If they don't, I'll get the cheaper version and upgrade it with MicroMachines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan B.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jbbnbsmith wrote:
rbf1138 wrote:
I first went with this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WO09U6Y?psc=1&redirect=t...
To get the Falcon, a Star Destroyer (close enough), and the Vadar and Luke figures for the Duel.

But then I decided that for $5 I would get this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WO09UGY?psc=1&redirect=t...

and actually have a legit Executor.

So $15, plus I now have some stocking stuffers for my grandson (X Wing, Tie Interceptor, Tie Bomber, B-Wing, and Falcon.) Seems like a win-win.

I don't care about having a Death Star since it doesn't move. At some point I'd like to get a Han Solo to use on the Endor Track. Storm Troopers are too pricey at the moment so I'll just stick with the tokens.

Somewhere I have a Star Wars Monopoly (it was a gift - I swear - it's not my fault) that I'll check to see if there's anything useful inside.

Edit: I just realized I wrote almost the exact same thing in a previous post above this one! blush
The links are appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan B.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
I'm kind of regretting waiting now. The Black Series version doesn't seem to be worth $27 more than the cheaper version, and the paint job on the Falcon/DS/Executor minis makes my eyes bleed. I think I'll hold off a little while and see if Amazon puts it on sale. If they don't, I'll get the cheaper version and upgrade it with MicroMachines.
That gold Falcon...just what the hell were they thinking? That aside, if the other components, like the board and cards are upgraded, it'll be worth it to me, even if I do replace stuff with MicroMachines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rbf1138 wrote:
That gold Falcon...just what the hell were they thinking?
Ze goggles... ze do nuthin'! *shudder*

rbf1138 wrote:
That aside, if the other components, like the board and cards are upgraded, it'll be worth it to me, even if I do replace stuff with MicroMachines.
I really doubt the card and boards will be any different, but that would sway me back to the Black Series side. Here's hoping someone here will order it right away and we can find out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan B.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
rbf1138 wrote:
That gold Falcon...just what the hell were they thinking?
Ze goggles... ze do nuthin'! *shudder*

rbf1138 wrote:
That aside, if the other components, like the board and cards are upgraded, it'll be worth it to me, even if I do replace stuff with MicroMachines.
I really doubt the card and boards will be any different, but that would sway me back to the Black Series side. Here's hoping someone here will order it right away and we can find out!
I ordered it already! But even with Prime it had some "additional processing time" so it wont be here till Wednesday. Joel Eddy has stated he'll have it tomorrow and give a rundown on components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got 'em, here in the Netherlands

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan B.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan van der Laan wrote:
Tell us about the components! Pics please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
rbf1138 wrote:
Jan van der Laan wrote:
Tell us about the components! Pics please!
Sorry, no pics (lacking equipment and skills) but the components are amazing. Nice glossy cards, thick, sturdy cardboard boards, minis are very acceptable and the Death Star, Millenium Falcon and Executor are especially nice with a "metallic" look and semi painted. The stormtrooper figures are a bit small and hard to recognize but in good light and from close by they look pretty good. The box and the box art are very good, the inlay is sturdy and all components fit in very well. The rulebook is small, concise, nicely illustrated and easy to understand. All in all I'm surprised by the high quality components. This edition is imho sure worth the price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone able to compare the cheaper editions components to this edition? Mainly curious about cards and cardboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |