Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan B.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Dogs of War fanMicrobadge: Indiana Jones fanMicrobadge: Board Game Barrage podcast fanMicrobadge: Jaws fanMicrobadge: Radiohead fan
Jan van der Laan wrote:
rbf1138 wrote:
Jan van der Laan wrote:
I've got 'em, here in the Netherlands
Tell us about the components! Pics please!
Sorry, no pics (lacking equipment and skills) but the components are amazing. Nice glossy cards, thick, sturdy cardboard boards, minis are very acceptable and the Death Star, Millenium Falcon and Executor are especially nice with a "metallic" look and semi painted. The stormtrooper figures are a bit small and hard to recognize but in good light and from close by they look pretty good. All in all I'm surprised by the high quality components.
Is the Falcon actually gold like in those pictures? Do you have the regular edition as a comparison of the board and card materials?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
Microbadge: I have a Game RoomMicrobadge: Solo wargamerMicrobadge: Gaming alone since '85Microbadge: I love solo gaming!Microbadge: Yellow Labrador Retriever lover
rbf1138 wrote:
Is the Falcon actually gold like in those pictures? Do you have the regular edition as a comparison of the board and card materials?
The Millenium Falcon is for sure NOT gold. I would call it darkish bronze with black details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan B.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Dogs of War fanMicrobadge: Indiana Jones fanMicrobadge: Board Game Barrage podcast fanMicrobadge: Jaws fanMicrobadge: Radiohead fan
Jan van der Laan wrote:
rbf1138 wrote:
The Millenium Falcon is for sure NOT gold. I would call it darkish bronze with black details.
But it's not the color of the actual Falcon, so it's still insanely annoying and stupid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
Microbadge: I have a Game RoomMicrobadge: Solo wargamerMicrobadge: Gaming alone since '85Microbadge: I love solo gaming!Microbadge: Yellow Labrador Retriever lover
rbf1138 wrote:
But it's not the color of the actual Falcon, so it's still insanely annoying and stupid.
That may be true but all the other figures (red X-wings, yellow Y-wings, blue B-wings, light gray Tie fighters and a silverish Executor) don't match the color schemes of the "real" spaceships either. I can easily live with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan B.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Unboxing Periscope

https://t.co/yZQGoHcQv7
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan, where did you buy it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Space For Rent
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
Microbadge: Kaffedrake's Microbadge Micro Reviews fanMicrobadge: timesMicrobadge: I have collected over 50 witty Kaffedrake-isms about my badgesMicrobadge: equalsMicrobadge: Peak Oil fan
rbf1138 wrote:
Unboxing Periscope

https://t.co/yZQGoHcQv7
Box looks substantially nicer.

So the cardboard itself isn't thicker (nor are the cards), just with embossing and a glossy finish? Somewhat disappointing, looks like the extra money went into the extra minis and the bigger box and inserts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Lucky Owner of a War of the Ring Collector's EditionMicrobadge: Baltimore Ravens fanMicrobadge: Band of Brothers fanMicrobadge: Wargamer of 40+ yearsMicrobadge: Solitaire Gamer
I had literally just ordered some micromachine items about two hours before I saw that the BB Edition was live.

Now that I've seen what the BB offers I'm going to stick with my copy. While the box and inserts are very nice, and I like that the board is not folded in quarters, I like the extras I've purchased better than what comes in the BB.

I was especially underwhelmed by the Stormtroopers. I also like having Luke and Darth figures and eventually want to get Han for Endor track. I also worry that I've already played the game so much I may not have that many plays left. Not to mention the FFG Star Wars Rebellion seems like it could be the next big thing,and the BB is about half the purchase price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kumar
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
$29.99 on Amazin right now (Black edition)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Thomas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Brains!!Microbadge: Pillars of the Earth fanMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Sushi loverMicrobadge: Toronto Area Boardgaming Society Member
Wow thank you for that Narayana!

I told my brother who lives in the States to buy it for me. The game isn't available at Amazon.ca yet, but I doubt it will be cheaper than $40 (with the exchange rate).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: I backed Kingdom Death: Monster on KickstarterMicrobadge: Cthulhu Wars fanMicrobadge: Game of ThronesMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game Alone
If you bought it for full price before, you may be able to get the $20 refunded if you contact Amazon today. I was able to get my refund.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Bling Bling Gemstone fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game fan - R2 AstromechMicrobadge: Star Wars: Destiny fanMicrobadge: Marvel Dice Masters: The Amazing Spider-Man fanMicrobadge: Transformers fan
Yeah, Amazon is good about that. Send them an email through their customer service page, they usually will refund price differences if you bought it close to a sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Z-Man Games/Plaid Hat Games "Tail Feathers" Contest participantMicrobadge: Modiphius Entertainment "Thunderbirds" Contest participant
Thanks for the heads up. I was able to get a copy for the sale price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
Microbadge: 2014 Platinum SupporterMicrobadge: 2015 Herculean SupporterMicrobadge: 2016 Herculean SupporterMicrobadge: 2017 Herculean SupporterMicrobadge: 2018 Gold Supporter
TheWaspinator wrote:
Yeah, Amazon is good about that. Send them an email through their customer service page, they usually will refund price differences if you bought it close to a sale.
FWIW "close" means "less than a week." I contacted them about mine (ordered 2.5 weeks ago) and they wouldn't refund it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Microbadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Star Control 2 fanMicrobadge: Colorado
reitoei wrote:
TheWaspinator wrote:
FWIW "close" means "less than a week." I contacted them about mine (ordered 2.5 weeks ago) and they wouldn't refund it.
It seems to be that it may largely depend on which representative you talk to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |