Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - half-full heart containerMicrobadge: Rush fan
How does feeding work? I found reference to feeding, but not the actual feeding rules. Where is it explained in the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miche
Germany
flag msg tools
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat...
badge
I see dead people...
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what you mean by "feeding". There is only one aspect in CoM where you really require food: it's when you attack the monsters on the distant shore. Is this what you mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W*m L**naerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
How does feeding work? I found reference to feeding, but not the actual feeding rules. Where is it explained in the rules?
As Miche says: when traveling to the distant shores to fight monsters you need to take food with you to feed you warriors on the trip. Warriors that don't have enough food die during the trip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - half-full heart containerMicrobadge: Rush fan
Page 6:
"Viking Warriors sent to fight Monsters on distant shores should be placed
in their longship(s) along with the Food Cubes you plan to feed them
on the journey."

This implies a feeding as part of the journey, prior to any combat. But I found the answer in the Combat Resolution section. I was confused because the rules were extremely confusing to read sequentially. The Combat Resolution section doesn't really make sense until you've read how ships work, which are covered at the very end in the details of how each space works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mb
I'm surprised more hasn't been written about this, but I find the rule book a bit lacking. There's no explanation of market stall tiles or how rune cards are set up. Nothing that one can't deduce from having played similar games but one shouldn't have to deduce. I just read in another thread that food from hunting cannot be used in combat on the same round -- what?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
ed95005 wrote:
I find the rule book a bit lacking.
Indeed. I was only poking on one area, but it's pretty bad in general. You can mostly do what seems reasonable, but it lacks the structure and clarity of a good rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you found the answer you were looking for Curt. We had several independant editors for the rulebook and were pleased with where it was when we went to print. That said, we have certainly found several places where we can improve them and will do so for a later edition.

Hopefully the game has brought you some enjoyment. And please know we hear your feedback and will always stive to imrpove our games.

Thanks for playing.

-Josh
Grey Fox Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve randall
United Kingdom
Loughton
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Played my KS version tonight and still had to come here to find about the feeding on long journeys. I thought my living viking could eat a dead Viking - i.e. 1 dead viking = 1 food !

Love the game, so glad I backed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls