Hide
5 Posts

Steampunk Rally» Forums » General

Subject: intercation between players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Popov Victor
msg tools
are there many boost cards that allow you to "screw" your opponent? or are most of the boost cards just there to help YOU? i'm asking because player interection is important to me ... it doesn't matter if it's "mean" or "friendly" interaction )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Kaiser
Germany
Kriftel
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to the simultaneous action resolution during the racing phase i would say the player interaction is low to very low.

There are some cards that screw other players but those are in the minority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The main interaction is in the drafting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To directly answer the question: Yes, it seems about half the boost cards (quesstimate without actually counting cards) give you a take-that effect in addition to helping yourself. The main player interaction is this and the draft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a handful of Boost cards that mess with other players (like the Partical Beam or Grappling Hook) some that affect everyone (Earthquake Resonance Machine or Weather Machine), and one notable one that benefits two players quite a lot (Aether Tear, which gives you dice and cleans up another player's machine). Other than that... Most of the interaction comes from what you draft and pass on to other players (mostly, the players to your right and left).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls