Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
Microbadge: So Very Wrong About Games fanMicrobadge: Dream Theater fanMicrobadge: AH LCG - The MysticMicrobadge: Stephen King fanMicrobadge: Cooperative Games fan
Muemmelmann wrote:
I like this game.
I think the insert is stupid.
All the rooms are way too small.
Did they not try it out?
It is not useful at all.
I agree. I will likely toss the insert - I probably won't need to save, and if I do, I will figure something out.

The funny thing is, it looks really good. It just doesn't work ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you could also just toss half your tokens
Since it does not have rooms for more than one extra scenario it will need to be tossed eventually. And luckily each run does not take very long, so you will likely not need to save. Even if you do, you can do it yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Krakoff
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmodee knows it is messed up and is redesigning and replacing if you email them. I got a response within about 48hrs that I will be shipped a new one as soon as they are available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice I don't think I will do it though, since I need the room for expansions anyway which I am guessing that the fixed one also does not have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Krakoff
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree there. If you don't plan on "saving", the insert is useless. I would also rather keep all of the expansions in the one box. All those bits compress pretty well that you could definitely do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Smith
United States
Perris
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you contact Asmodee to get this solution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Krakoff
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a link to the form:

http://us.asmodee.com/ressources/gaming/SAV/index.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Chua
Australia
Highett
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm generally a "bag everything and throw the insert away" kind of guy. As such, a crappy insert didn't bother me much. The only game that was the exception was Elysium. It was both aesthetically pleasing and functional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Carzima
United States
East Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The insert might have been a neat idea, but it's a piece of crap. Mine was already damaged when I first opened the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Gundsømagle
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone received their insert yet? I have the confirmation mail from Asmodee that they have received my inquiry, but haven't heard anything since. Maybe they are still in production?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Level 19 BGG posterMicrobadge: I play with blue!
I did. It's definitely an improvement over the essen/post-essen version. Less flimsy, more sturdy, thicker plastic. It's also improved here or there, the pockets for tokens are deeper, so now it all fits without sticking out. The holes for log pawns were moved to top and bottom, so when you put your small pawns in there, they serve as a board holder and prevent it from moving. Overall, that's the insert they should have from the very beginning - and it's very good in this form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the number of new scenarios that is coming out, I never asked them for a new one. Thought it would be neat to store it all in one box. Lets see how long I will be able to do that..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mkrakoff wrote:
Anyone have a new link? This one is dead now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe White
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Collector
badge
Collector
mbmbmbmbmb
http://parts.asmodeena.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a picture of my replacement insert in Replacement Insert Received! (spoiler:it looks a lot like the old one, just sturdier). Turns out there are a lot of threads on this same topic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Fisher
msg tools
Yeah, I received my replacement insert yesterday and it's WAAAY better. The shields are still a little high in the container, but the tokens all have more than enough room and the plastic is way stronger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Priyo N
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Does your insert need to be ripped or broken to get the better quality insert or can you just email them asking for the better quality one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PrWNed wrote:
Does your insert need to be ripped or broken to get the better quality insert or can you just email them asking for the better quality one?
I imagine the answer to that question is a balance of personal ethics and customer service. The request form does allow you to upload pictures but it doesn't require them. Contact from the publisher was nonexistent (just a "your request has been received" email) so I don't know if the replacement insert is conditional or simply upon request. You could always try requesting it but being clear that your insert isn't broken, just weak and likely to break.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
PrWNed wrote:
I imagine the answer to that question is a balance of personal ethics and customer service. The request form does allow you to upload pictures but it doesn't require them. Contact from the publisher was nonexistent (just a "your request has been received" email) so I don't know if the replacement insert is conditional or simply upon request. You could always try requesting it but being clear that your insert isn't broken, just weak and likely to break.
And poorly designed with too shallow wells.I'd say email them and ask if you can get the replacement with the deeper wells.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
PrWNed wrote:
And poorly designed with too shallow wells.I'd say email them and ask if you can get the replacement with the deeper wells.
My insert was essentially intact; I just wanted the improved insert. I filled out the replacement form, included no pictures, and requested the new insert just because it was improved. They sent me a new one in a couple of weeks, no questions asked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls