Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Dominion: Summon Promo Card» Forums » News

Subject: Summon promo available in GeekStore! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pawel Pawlak
Poland
near Poznań
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/dominion-summon-promo...

However, it kinda sucks, because it costs $3, and you have to order for at least $4 (total) to go to checkout...
6 
 Thumb up
0.27
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador C. Majoral

Argentona, Barcelona, Catalonia
msg tools
Avatar
mb
BBG Store does not mention whether it includes the proper version of Pathfinding, does anybody know?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Text on the item screen says "Due to publisher request - these will be limited to 1 card per customer." So can anyone confirm if we get just 1 card or a full set of 11 cards?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ironregime wrote:
Text on the item screen says "Due to publisher request - these will be limited to 1 card per customer." So can anyone confirm if we get just 1 card or a full set of 11 cards?
It is an Event. A full set is 1 card, not 11.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnice wrote:
It is an Event. A full set is 1 card, not 11.
Ok, thanks! I haven't got around to Adventures yet so wasn't aware.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
Avatar
Microbadge: Fan of The Martian bookMicrobadge: Eminent Domain fanMicrobadge: Machine Head fanMicrobadge: Dominant Species fanMicrobadge: Less is more
Wow. That $4 minimum on a $3 item is just plain stupid.

EDIT: I guess it makes a good opportunity to stock up on some $2.50 Blank Dominion Cards, which apparently couldn't also be shipped on their own.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
salva wrote:
BBG Store does not mention whether it includes the proper version of Pathfinding, does anybody know?
It does not.

The intention was to pair it with Summon, however Summon was printed and Pathfinding wasn't and there Summon is for sale. I'm not sure what will happen with Pathfinding but it may still show up paired with Summon in the future.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Olofsson
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
I'm not sure what will happen with Pathfinding but it may still show up paired with Summon in the future.
I think it would be better to pair the fixed Pathfinding with a future Event promo instead. That way those of us (including me) who buys Summon now won't have to buy it again to get Pathfinding.

And feel free to use that as an excuse to make another Event right away
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Broox
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Brass fanMicrobadge: Root fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Dungeons & Dragons playerMicrobadge: XCOM: The Board Game fan
Surprised at the lack of announcement on BGG. Dominion promos are some the the stores best sellers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Z
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
So I just received my Promo, and was somewhat surprised to see it doesn't include a Randomizer/Placeholder? I don't have Adventures yet, but figured based on the Complete Dominion Companion that the Events do have Randomizer cards. Is this not the case?


Z.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zombie13 wrote:
So I just received my Promo, and was somewhat surprised to see it doesn't include a Randomizer/Placeholder? I don't have Adventures yet, but figured based on the Complete Dominion Companion that the Events do have Randomizer cards. Is this not the case?


Z.
The Events are the randomizers. They were accidentally given the wrong color backs in Adventures, so to be consistent, the promo was also given the wrong color back (at least, that's my understanding--I don't actually have one). You can tell the Events from the other randomizers from the backs, but that knowledge doesn't really matter.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Z
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, I think I get it. They are designed to be in the randomizer deck and shuffled/dealt when choosing a kingdom.

Thanks.

Z.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this teacher's page.
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: I practice Random Acts of KindnessMicrobadge: Pay it ForwardMicrobadge: My Favorite Contribution to BGGMicrobadge: I Pay it Forward FirstMicrobadge: 4G fan. Win a free game of your choice!
donaldx wrote:
salva wrote:
BBG Store does not mention whether it includes the proper version of Pathfinding, does anybody know?
It does not.

The intention was to pair it with Summon, however Summon was printed and Pathfinding wasn't and there Summon is for sale. I'm not sure what will happen with Pathfinding but it may still show up paired with Summon in the future.
Too bad this wasn't known before the stock was sent to be sold on the BGG store, especially since "someone" had made an official statement saying they would be paired.

In any case, I have contacted Rio Grande Games to get a copy of the "missing" card, whenever it becomes available.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
GalaGalaxia wrote:
Too bad this wasn't known before the stock was sent to be sold on the BGG store, especially since "someone" had made an official statement saying they would be paired.
Please mentally attach "to the best of my knowledge" to all of my posts about reality in the future. The alternative is too grim to consider.

For sure I have no control over what BGG actually decides to sell. They could have waited for fixed-art-Pathfinding to show up but did not. Maybe they didn't know it was coming; man, I'm not part of the loop. In any case they did not say they were selling it, and were not selling it.
8 
 Thumb up
1.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: I love Christmas!Microbadge: RainbowMicrobadge: Disney Classics collectorMicrobadge: Level 08 BGG poster
zombie13 wrote:
They are designed to be in the randomizer deck and shuffled/dealt when choosing a kingdom.
No. They are a separate deck and not part of the kingdom deck. You just choose 1 or 2 event cards from the event deck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
zombie13 wrote:
They are designed to be in the randomizer deck and shuffled/dealt when choosing a kingdom.
No. They are a separate deck and not part of the kingdom deck. You just choose 1 or 2 event cards from the event deck.
This is incorrect. zombie13 has is right. That said, play any way you like. If you want 1-2 events each game, it certainly makes sense to keep them separate.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: I love Christmas!Microbadge: RainbowMicrobadge: Disney Classics collectorMicrobadge: Level 08 BGG poster
It says in the rules (Dutch version) to not have more than 2 event cards. They don't replace a kingdom card pile, so I don't see the logic in having them shuffled with the randomizer deck. But you are right, it is stated in the rules to do so.

We do keep the event cards in a separate pile in the box, shuffle them and draw 1-2 cards when we want to play with events. This seems more logical than having them with all the kingdom cards randomizers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
It says in the rules (Dutch version) to not have more than 2 event cards. They don't replace a kingdom card pile, so I don't see the logic in having them shuffled with the randomizer deck. But you are right, it is stated in the rules to do so.

We do keep the event cards in a separate pile in the box, shuffle them and draw 1-2 cards when we want to play with events. This seems more logical than having them with all the kingdom cards randomizers.
The idea is to play with them in proportion to the number of Kingdom cards you have. Let the fates decide, as it were. If you want to decide rather than leaving it to randomness, then it makes sense to keep them separate.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls