5 Posts

Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Breaking Chests and Traps rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
Traps appear to be triggered when you pick the lock so are not if you just break the chest. Am I reading that correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Vetter
Denmark
Hilleroed
flag msg tools
eriochrome wrote:
Traps appear to be triggered when you pick the lock so are not if you just break the chest. Am I reading that correctly?

From a direct reading of the rules I agree with you. Only picking a lock triggers the trap (whether that happens on first attempt or when the lock is actually open is another matter).

However, you might houserule that some traps go of by smashing down the door as well.
But as a balance issue it seems fine that traps can only go of if you actually have a hero able to disarm them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
Given that he has to get learn disarm ability and spend a turn using it seems like the thief is sweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
eriochrome wrote:

I've got to fully scrutinise the rules, but I'm pretty sure that a trap goes off whether a warrior tries to pick the lock of smash it down. There are traps in the questbooks when none of the heroes have the lock picking skills, so the intention is clearly that they'd go off whenever anyone interacted with them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
That is what is reasonable but not the impression I get from reading of the rules. The game is so littered with this stuff it is hard to keep track off but I know I specifically mentioned this to Jake when I talked about that section of the AC on his blog.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.