Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Fletcher
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were playing the other day with X Force Wolverine and drew Blob as a villain, which states he can only be defeated by an x hero. Is an X Force hero an x hero? I'm guessing that there may be a qualitative game difference between an x hero and an X Force hero, although thematically I don't think there should be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think of it as an "X" hero; the symbol on Blob is specifically for X-men, not X-force. The X-force Wolverine does not count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jindianajonz is right. Blob can be defeated only by an X-men hero. Nonetheless, you raise an important question...why is there absolutely no synergy between x-force and x-men in this game? Perhaps they should release a new version of X-force where they do have synergy with the x-men, consisting of Nemesis, a new Domino, Psylocke, Hope Summers and Marrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Sushi Go! fanMicrobadge: Android fanMicrobadge: Descent fanMicrobadge: Legendary fanMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror fan
Remember that any time that a specific symbol is used it is referring to any card that features that symbol. So if the symbol is not present on the card you want to use then it doesn't count.

If something were to use words instead of a symbol then it could be different but if there is a specific symbol then it's looking for that exact symbol to be present.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: BeardedGameGeek Golden Beard winnerMicrobadge: Con of the North attendeeMicrobadge: "TCAT" - Member of the Twin Cities Ameritrash GroupMicrobadge: Detective: City of Angels fanMicrobadge: Golden Meeple
BertMcCloud wrote:
Remember that any time that a specific symbol is used it is referring to any card that features that symbol. So if the symbol is not present on the card you want to use then it doesn't count.

If something were to use words instead of a symbol then it could be different but if there is a specific symbol then it's looking for that exact symbol to be present.

Correct. Such as the new Cross Dimensional ______ Rampage keyword, which lets you use cards from any expansion/set containing cards with those specific words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
jindianajonz wrote:
Don't think of it as an "X" hero; the symbol on Blob is specifically for X-men, not X-force. The X-force Wolverine does not count.
This is the rule as written and as I would expect it to apply in any "competitive" games of Legendary.

If you wish to house-rule it that, given he was released before the X-Force existed in Legendary, the Blob should be vulnerable to X-Force as well, that's your choice.

For schemes where an escaping villain is a big problem and in which you have X-Force heroes but no X-Men available, it seems a reasonable thing to do. That said, there's only two Blob cards and it's usually more than possible to manage the advancement of the villains but I can easily think up a scenario where it could ruin you. For instance, Galactus + Midtown Bank Robbery + Brotherhood could potentially become a death-clock situation based on a Blob effectively camping the Bank until the Masterstrikes force him to escape.

AdelinDumitru wrote:
Jindianajonz is right. Blob can be defeated only by an X-men hero. Nonetheless, you raise an important question...why is there absolutely no synergy between x-force and x-men in this game? Perhaps they should release a new version of X-force where they do have synergy with the x-men, consisting of Nemesis, a new Domino, Psylocke, Hope Summers and Marrow.
This is a double-edged sword though - for one thing it allows for loosely character appropriate teams composed from both factions against big X-villains without horrifically easy synergies. Apocalypse vs a joint X team sounds good to me.

However, unless you're playing in a tournament, play the way you want to - want to play a more interesting X-Men setup by using Colossus and X-Force Wolverine as part of the group: go for it. Want Deadpool, Cyclops and Storm in the X-Force? Go for it. Want to bolster the ranks of the Brotherhood by playing a scenario in the Ultimate X-Men arc where Cyclops and Forge are both part of the Brotherhood? Cool, have fun. Juggernaut: X-Men or Brotherhood? Depends how you want to play the game.

Take a little time to reflect on what this will mean for balance, whether it'll make your team stronger or weaker and whether the top end rare cards will get buffed horribly (in particular, look at all those "for each" cards which may become devastating) but as long as everyone knows the rules and the game is still fun, why not go crazy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
why is there absolutely no synergy between x-force and x-men in this game?
Because thematically speaking, X-Force has always been either at odds with the X-Men or a secret wetworks team operating without the X-Men proper's knowledge. Team-ups between the two are few and far between and usual begin and/or end in confrontation. So it makes sense that the members of the different teams don't play nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff P
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jemjar wrote:
For instance, Galactus + Midtown Bank Robbery + Brotherhood could potentially become a death-clock situation based on a Blob effectively camping the Bank until the Masterstrikes force him to escape.
NOTHING MOVES THE BLOB!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffP300 wrote:
Jemjar wrote:
For instance, Galactus + Midtown Bank Robbery + Brotherhood could potentially become a death-clock situation based on a Blob effectively camping the Bank until the Masterstrikes force him to escape.
NOTHING MOVES THE BLOB!

...Except for another villain entering the Sewers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
az933k wrote:
JeffP300 wrote:
Jemjar wrote:
NOTHING MOVES THE BLOB!

...which could be the other Blob.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandman
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have house rules occasionally where I will specify before the game starts that a particular character is another group. For example, Spider woman has no place being a Spider friends card. Our group will play her as an Avenger. Or Colossus as an X-men member. But as far as tournament play goes, whatever it says on the card rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Darkwind, I never thought of it that way, but that's obviously true, and this is based on me reading one whole story of X Force (The X-Cutioner's song, if you're wondering) and only reading about a couple other stories. Well said!

X-Force is the X-Men team that embraces the Jack Bauer (of 24) philosophy of how to fight bad guys, and this often horrifies the "real" X-Men. Whether the X-Men are fools for not fighting as hard they could or the X-Force are fools for forcing bad guys to act as evil as possible is never certain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff P
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jemjar wrote:
az933k wrote:
JeffP300 wrote:
Jemjar wrote:
NOTHING MOVES THE BLOB!

Second Blob Best Blob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffP300 wrote:
Jemjar wrote:
az933k wrote:
JeffP300 wrote:
Jemjar wrote:
NOTHING MOVES THE BLOB!

Second Blob Best Blob

Confirmed Mastermind: Blob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Blob is a Mastermind in what, Secret Wars part 2?

I guess I need to find out about the second Blob of X-Men.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
Microbadge: I love red pandasMicrobadge: Magic: The Gathering playerMicrobadge: Parks and Recreation fanMicrobadge: Marvel Comics fanMicrobadge: "Seize the fat one!"
Tsallak wrote:
the second Blob of X-Men.
Age of Apocalypse Blob: Confirmed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls