Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I interpreting the rules correctly if I say that:
If the game ends with someone playing Meeting Room, (either through putting the last jury tile on the board, completing their 5th project by rearranging or moving the last marker on the Patent Office) you still complete a full Re-organisation Phase (including picking up all ones cards)?

Thus giving all the other players free choice of ALL their cards (except Meeting Room since it is specifically 'banned' in the rules')?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Lala
United Kingdom
Weston-Super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
badge
Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Andreas. Your understanding is correct.

best
Alessandro

Ezel wrote:
Am I interpreting the rules correctly if I say that:
If the game ends with someone playing Meeting Room, (either through putting the last jury tile on the board, completing their 5th project by rearranging or moving the last marker on the Patent Office) you still complete a full Re-organisation Phase (including picking up all ones cards)?

Thus giving all the other players free choice of ALL their cards (except Meeting Room since it is specifically 'banned' in the rules')?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
" ... completing by rearranging ..."

Can you (temporarily) remove/rearrange a tile from a completed project, if it is still completed after you finished your rearranging?

Think so, but I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And on second thought ... this contradicts the rules saying "... his last action using one of the cards left in his hand ...".

Not "if" a player ends the game - a player always ends the game with their Meeting Room card (if none of the other conditions apply).

Question is if the players retrieve their cards at the end of the game or if they play their final turn with the cards "left in their hand", as the rules say.

Wrong rules or correct rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Lala
United Kingdom
Weston-Super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lucyfer wrote:
" ... completing by rearranging ..."

Can you (temporarily) remove/rearrange a tile from a completed project, if it is still completed after you finished your rearranging?

Think so, but I'm not sure.
No. You cannot do that.
Quoting the rules, pag 10
"When you place, move, remove or rotate tiles you do it in
sequence, tile by tile. If at the end of a movement, removal or
rotation of a tile, a previously completed project would then
become incomplete you cannot perform that movement, removal
or rotation."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Lala
United Kingdom
Weston-Super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lucyfer wrote:
And on second thought ... this contradicts the rules saying "... his last action using one of the cards left in his hand ...".

Not "if" a player ends the game - a player always ends the game with their Meeting Room card (if none of the other conditions apply).

Question is if the players retrieve their cards at the end of the game or if they play their final turn with the cards "left in their hand", as the rules say.

It seems I gave the wrong answer.
My apologies to Andreas.
After reading the rulebook with the necessary attention I believe that players after the one who closed the game just carry on playing one more turn with the cards left in their hand.

Let's recap.

The game ends in one of the following cases:
a. After 10 rounds, when all the jury boxes are filled.
b. When all branches of the Patents Office track are completed
c. When a player completes his fifth project.

Case a. takes place at the end of a game round when someone has played a meeting room.
Case b. takes place either when someone has played Journal or someone has played Meeting Room and chose to move one of his tokens down one space triggering the game end condition
Case c. takes place either when someone has played Laboratory or someone has played Meeting Room and chose to relocate one of his tiles in the lab so triggering the game end condition

Now, independently on which action was used to end the game, every player after the one that triggered the game end must take his last turn using one of the cards he still has in his hand. He can choose any action among those available in his hand with the exception of the Meeting Room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Allessandro, for both your answers! This sums up my questions, and one last (and quite obvious) statement, which is not said explicitly in the rules (but could have been ): A finished project remains in the lab until the end of the game.
Best,
Ferdi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Greenskid wrote:
lucyfer wrote:

It seems I gave the wrong answer.
My apologies to Andreas.
After reading the rulebook with the necessary attention I believe that players after the one who closed the game just carry on playing one more turn with the cards left in their hand.

Let's recap.

The game ends in one of the following cases:
a. After 10 rounds, when all the jury boxes are filled.
b. When all branches of the Patents Office track are completed
c. When a player completes his fifth project.

Case a. takes place at the end of a game round when someone has played a meeting room.
Case b. takes place either when someone has played Journal or someone has played Meeting Room and chose to move one of his tokens down one space triggering the game end condition
Case c. takes place either when someone has played Laboratory or someone has played Meeting Room and chose to relocate one of his tiles in the lab so triggering the game end condition

Now, independently on which action was used to end the game, every player after the one that triggered the game end must take his last turn using one of the cards he still has in his hand. He can choose any action among those available in his hand with the exception of the Meeting Room.
Forgive me for being slow (or awkward) here but I'm not sure this has answered the question.

Case B (when ended with journal) would mean that you play one last action from the cards that you have left.

Case C (when ended with Laboratory) would be exactly the same - Play one last action with your remaining cards.

But Case A (as well as B & C when ended with Meeting Room) can still be interpreted as your "remaining" cards being your whole hand, thanks to the Meeting Room action resetting your cards.

Unless ... Should be a rule saying:

When playing a Meeting Room card in the tenth round, there is no Re-Organisation Phase

... ?

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point, and somewhat tricky, this issue ...

When playing a Meeting Room card in the tenth round, there is no Re-Organisation Phase

That sounds like a good rules addition to me, let's see for some official answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls