Hide
3 Posts

Centauri Saga» Forums » General

Subject: Mage Knight-'Light'-in-Space rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Rey
msg tools

I just saw this today and it looks really good. My first impression after watching gameplay was that it's like Mage Knight-'Light'-in-Space, which is actually something I would really like to play. Well done! Hopefully this KS will be successful. Fingers crossed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never played Mage Knight but read a lot about it. In the end I always decided that it might be too much of a pure puzzle for me, even if I like games with a puzzle aspect. The biggest differnce between this game and Mage Knight seems to be the heavy use of dice in Centauri Saga.

Could you explain your statement a little further? I would like to hear some of your thoughts about it which could help me with my decision to back, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Rey
msg tools

I haven't got a chance to play this game by myself (unfortunately...) and I have only watched the gameplay videos made by Rahdo (LINK), but IMO general feeling of this game is very similar. And same great BTW.
* You start with some tiles revealed and explore the space same way it happens in MK - by adding another tiles and thus creating the random board every time.
* You have your own character who is going to collect resources and level up.
* You have different scenarios/missions to play.
* There is a time track mechanism which gives you limited time to fulfill all mission's requirements.
This is all I can think about right now, but there could be some more similarities for sure.
The biggest difference is that CS is using dice a lot and MK is more about deck building (and is way more complicated in general).
I really and I mean REALLY like how CS's game play is streamlined and how 'smooth' it looks like. I can easily imagine to play this game very fast without checking rule book all the time. And that's what did attract my attention. This and classic 'Space Opera' theme which is somehow a little bit forgotten lately. I would love to have a game like that in my collection for sure. If you think it's for you as well - go for it .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.