Hide
9 Posts

Posthuman» Forums » Rules

Subject: Defence Die and Mind re-rolls questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
julian hoddy
msg tools
Just reading the draft rules v6.0. I have a couple of questions for anyone out there:

1. Defence dice - What's the core reason to use these dice? I'm assuming you swap these out (if eligible) to improve your "defence" as these dice have more shields than the red dice? (at the cost of not having any critical hits or warrior hits.) The Defence dice shield also overrides any attacking modifiers, and you will 'always block' any hit? (unlike the red dice shield which could be overridden if the attacker has this ability stated on their card?)

2. Mind 4/5 re-rolls - just to clarify please, you can re-roll a die just once / twice for an 'entire encounter' (you have to choose very wisely), or each 'round' of the encounter? (a bit more gung ho)

Watched the Rahdo playthroughs a couple of times which helped understand the game enormously....and the captioned corrections
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't answer directly your questions but you can find the final version of the rules over at Mr B. Games website: http://www.mrbgames.com/posthuman.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
julian hoddy
msg tools
hey,

they're the same rules though - v6.0 (final, or whatever they may be)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi julian -

You are correct, you use them to swap out attack dice.

The rules on our site are not the final rules we will be putting those up at some point but just been busy with final production and shipping!

Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juleshoddy wrote:
hey,

they're the same rules though - v6.0 (final, or whatever they may be)
Ah sorry. I thought you wrote version 0.6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gordon calleja
Malta
Siggiewi
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
juleshoddy wrote:

1. Defence dice - What's the core reason to use these dice? I'm assuming you swap these out (if eligible) to improve your "defence" as these dice have more shields than the red dice? (at the cost of not having any critical hits or warrior hits.) The Defence dice shield also overrides any attacking modifiers, and you will 'always block' any hit? (unlike the red dice shield which could be overridden if the attacker has this ability stated on their card?)
Correct. You swap the defence dice out for red melee dice. You can swap one or two of them (if you have speed 5) and you can decide to do the swap each round before you roll dice. They have 2 block symbols on them instead of 1, but the crit is a normal attack instead. So there's more chance of defending yourself, but you cause less damage if you hit.

juleshoddy wrote:

2. Mind 4/5 re-rolls - just to clarify please, you can re-roll a die just once / twice for an 'entire encounter' (you have to choose very wisely), or each 'round' of the encounter? (a bit more gung ho)
Correct - it's once per re-roll per whole combat encounter. These are used in combat encounters only.

Hope that helps!

Gordon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
julian hoddy
msg tools
thank you. you're a legend.

Congrats on the game and I wish you all the best in your future endeavours!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gordon calleja
Malta
Siggiewi
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Thank you so much man!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
grinn wrote:
juleshoddy wrote:

Correct. You swap the defence dice out for red melee dice. You can swap one or two of them (if you have speed 5) and you can decide to do the swap each round before you roll dice. They have 2 block symbols on them instead of 1, but the crit is a normal attack instead. So there's more chance of defending yourself, but you cause less damage if you hit.
When would you choose to swap red dice for green dice? Is it only when you are so overmatched that you're only hoping to survive 3 melee rounds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls