Hide
11 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Generous donations doors and terminals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Panos Pap
msg tools
In generous donation when the doors are closed again , the imperial figures must destroy them (health 5 defence 1) or they can interact with them? And if i can destroy them using the AT-ST with blast ability the figures behind and adjacent to the door receive the damage?
Also when the virus is uploaded the terminals can be destroyed by any imperial figure( including regular figures and nexu) or only by elite?
Also in "fly solo" the middle door opens by interracting with it by anyone?
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I already answered in the other thread, but..

If doors are locked byt the mission rules (like in Generous Donations) and are never unlocked by mission rules, the only way to open them is to blast them.

If you use blast, notice that only the two spaces sharing an edge with the door are adjacent to the door. (And only adjacent empty spaces can be targeted.) See the IA FAQ.

In GD, disabling terminals need an interact without any attribute test, so any figure can do that except Nexus (due to Nexus bein non-sentient).

Yes, any closed=unlocked door can be opened by just an interact action. (No difference between regular and elite.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Ringlstetter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
If you use blast, notice that only the two spaces sharing an edge with the door are adjacent to the door. (And only adjacent empty spaces can be targeted.) See the IA FAQ.
That rule makes no sense with blast, but I think you're right. I just don't like it...
Hm, after thinking about it: Isn't this rule only applied when you are targeting the door itself? Blast only affecting empty spaces is nonsense...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panos Pap
msg tools
Thanks for the quick reply.
But i need a clarification :
in the case of the virus situation says to close all doors,(both doors were destroyed) not to lock them though.that's why i asked in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Ringlstetter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When they are closed, every figure (except non-sentient) can interact with them to open...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Panossurf wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply.
But i need a clarification :
in the case of the virus situation says to close all doors,(both doors were destroyed) not to lock them though.that's why i asked in the first place.
The first mission rule is "Doors are locked." I take that to mean that all doors are locked, even new doors that appear when the virus is uploaded. If you want an official ruling, you can contact FFG directly. If you do, let us know what they say!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/contact/rules/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Panossurf wrote:
The mission rule still says that doors are locked. No rule has changed that.
* Doors are locked. Any figure can attack a door (Health: 5, Defense: 1
).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ringl wrote:
When they are closed, every figure (except non-sentient) can interact with them to open...
There is no door state closed. A door exists or it does not exist. When you close a door, the door exists again. A door is either unlocked or locked as specified by the mission rules.

Doors, RRG wrote:
Some missions specify that certain doors are locked.
Locked doors cannot be opened except as specified in the
mission rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PANAGIOTIS KOURTZIS
Greece
flag msg tools
So, even if the targeted door is not destroyed from the attack, the blast effect would still damage the figure on the other side(and adjacent) of the closed door?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Blast affecrs the target space, not the target. Figures adjacent to the targeted space suffer damage due to Blast. You must be targeting one of the spaces on your side of the door, and those spaces are not adjacent to the spaces on the other side of the door. Doors block adjacency.

I'd say this is the case even when there's a rule that doors do not block adjacency for the opposing figures.

But yes, if the door is destroyed by the attack, the figures on the other side would suffer Blast damage as the spaces would now be adjacent to the targeted space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pakour wrote:
So, even if the targeted door is not destroyed from the attack, the blast effect would still damage the figure on the other side(and adjacent) of the closed door?
That's not what I was talking (in a hurry) about.

1) if you target a figure, you can blast the door if (and only if) the figure is in either of the adjacent spaces.
2) if you target the door, you need to target an empty space that is adjacent to the door. You can then Blast any figure that is adjacent to that space (but not the door, because you attacked the door).

The special case that Clipper mentioned: if the door is destroyed in the attack, and you triggered Blast during the attack, applying Blast happens after the door is destroyed and can affect figures that were cowering on the other side of the (now absent) door (i.e. any now-adjacent space to the targeted space).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls