Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Can anyone help me sort this out, please? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulo Goncalves
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

I am fairly new to the boarding game and Dungeon Saga has confuse me a bit.

I have bought all the three expansions plus the Black Fortress Tiles.

Besides the main board they've sent five deck of cards that comprise:

Invisible Overlord
Event
Uncharted Dungeon
Item
Spell
Song
Overlord

With each expansion,there is also a deck of cards (the same as above)
So my question is: Bear in mind that I will only play solo

So the quest book that came with each expansion are useless to me since I will play as the heroes and the Invisible Overlord.

So what do I combine? I mean, Itens, song, spells, locations, traps - i see no harm, but what about the other decks?

- Invisible Overlord?
- Event?
- Uncharted Dungeon?

What about combining with the cards that came with the core game?

Anyone done a video of a solo play?
Thank you,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Vetter
Denmark
Hilleroed
flag msg tools
chevalierdulys wrote:
Hi,

I am fairly new to the boarding game and Dungeon Saga has confuse me a bit.

I have bought all the three expansions plus the Black Fortress Tiles.

Besides the main board they've sent five deck of cards that comprise:

Invisible Overlord
Event
Uncharted Dungeon
Item
Spell
Song
Overlord

With each expansion,there is also a deck of cards (the same as above)
So my question is: Bear in mind that I will only play solo

So the quest book that came with each expansion are useless to me since I will play as the heroes and the Invisible Overlord.

So what do I combine? I mean, Itens, song, spells, locations, traps - i see no harm, but what about the other decks?

- Invisible Overlord?
- Event?
- Uncharted Dungeon?

What about combining with the cards that came with the core game?

Anyone done a video of a solo play?
Thank you,
It depend on the monsters you choose to play with, I guess. There are basic IO cards (those that are in the compendium).
To these basic IO cards you'll add the monster specific once from the expansions. So only add those that match the monsters you choose to use.

Btw. it's actually great fun to play through the written adventures with the IO deck. It works quite well. If you want to play through the base campaign, just add the IO cards from return of valandor to those in the compendium (as the monsters are necromancer).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Those 5 packets are from the Adventurers Companion book. Invisible Overlord is for the solo play and the Uncharted and Event are for the random dungeon version so the rules are there but I would not start there.

First thing I would do would be watch the beats of war videos where they play the first 3 missions. They are not perfect and make a few rules mistakes but they cover the basics.

Next I would play first two missions purely using the rules of the base game but being both the overlord and heroes. The only real issue here is that you know what is behind doors and what cards the overlord has but these missions are already heavily hero tilted anyway.

Then I would try them again using the Invisible Overlord Rules in the Adventures Companion page 80. While it does not mention it I still think you need to draw cards from the traditional overlord deck to act as the timer for the mission.

The scenarios are actually very important to you as combining the random dungeon with the invisible overlord is drawing too much on the adventurers companion which has been widely panned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls