Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

A few days for the P-day. We're almost ready as you might have noticed
from our preview page, but there is one area where we'd still prefer your feedback.
Poll: What ought to be the first social goal?
As we have a multitude of possible goals, but we'd like it to be fitting for YOUR needs and wishes, we'd like you to vote for the best goal.
Please select the social goal of your choice among the ones listed below:
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
A new victim card, with new horror art
15.8% 9
A map reference sheet
12.3% 7
Isometric Dungeon Map of the whole dungeon
7.0% 4
A tuck in box (or folder) for Scenario Sheets
7.0% 4
An extra scenario designed specifically as 'one-time adventure'
57.9% 33
Voters 57
This poll is now closed.   57 answers
Poll created by Eridis
Closes: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:00 am

Poll is open until 10.11.2015 allowing us a day to finish the art for chosen social goal. Be active, choose the best goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The link to the KS preview page redirects to the KS main page as it doesn't link to a proper KS page. BGG is truncating the part after the '?'. Paste the following into browser, without the quotes:

"https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/509519175/1305019092?token=e9ad2643"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
The link to the KS preview page redirects to the KS main page as it doesn't link to a proper KS page. BGG is truncating the part after the '?'. Paste the following into browser, without the quotes:

"https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/509519175/1305019092?token=e9ad2643"

Ah, thanks. BTW, nice to see that we've have people from australia following us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote more boobs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
I vote more boobs.

That would be the horror art. We had a female victim in a cage in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
lugiber wrote:
I vote more boobs.

Good enough for me!
I want caged women then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
Eridis wrote:
lugiber wrote:
I vote more boobs.

Good enough for me!
I want caged women then!

You need to convince more people to vote for the victim art, then

But don't worry. I plan to have this sort of voting possibility for some upcoming goals as well. So, mobilize your stormtroopers... to vote for girl in cage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, no matter what I'll support this game until the end!
The most important thing is that we get loads of backers. Even if it means there will be no t&a.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
The crude comments that have been made about female anatomy in this thread are likely to drive women away from backing this game. It is disrespectful towards women to objectify them with language and comments like that. Is this how you speak in IRL public places, too? angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for the extra scenario because more gameplay is usually a good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
The crude comments that have been made about female anatomy in this thread are likely to drive women away from backing this game. It is disrespectful towards women to objectify them with language and comments like that. Is this how you speak in IRL public places, too? angry

I'm from Finland, so I don't speak in public places, remember?

And apologize if there is any disrespect shown, regardless of gender. I thought that the gender issue was "fought" already, but I guess I was wrong. As you likely know, we opted to have male victim and none of our female minis are the typical 'bimbos with too little clothes' what you seen in fantasy art too often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
Jude wrote:

I'm from Finland, so I don't speak in public places, remember?

And apologize if there is any disrespect shown, regardless of gender. I thought that the gender issue was "fought" already, but I guess I was wrong. As you likely know, we opted to have male victim and none of our female minis are the typical 'bimbos with too little clothes' what you seen in fantasy art too often.

Yes, I noticed that about your art and miniatures, and it is appreciated.

I had been mostly referring to the comments of other poster with his crude sexually-objectifying comments, but also was annoyed because you seemed to think that they were all right to make and perhaps even funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:

I had been mostly referring to the comments of other poster with his crude sexually-objectifying comments, but also was annoyed because you seemed to think that they were all right to make and perhaps even funny.

Well, I am not quite sure if you (or anyone else) should take those comments so seriously. I'm quite convinced that none posters actually meant anything derogatory in their comments.

We have to keep in mind that for many of us english is secondary (or even tertiary) language, which can lead to less than perfect choice of words. Also the level of 'acceptable' comments on different cultures vary a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
Jude wrote:

Well, I am not quite sure if you (or anyone else) should take those comments so seriously. I'm quite convinced that none posters actually meant anything derogatory in their comments.

We have to keep in mind that for many of us english is secondary (or even tertiary) language, which can lead to less than perfect choice of words. Also the level of 'acceptable' comments on different cultures vary a lot.

Oh, come on. shake Referring to wanting more "boobs" and "t&a" while discussing a boardgame in a public place is quite demeaning towards women, and if you think making ridiculous excuses for such behavior is acceptable, then I definitely think it is a cultural problem: a rape culture problem. angry Dismissing the concerns of women who don't like sexist comments and crude sexual jokes about women -- just because you are a man and it doesn't insult you -- makes you part of the problem. You likely just lost yourself a lot of female backers, buddy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Jude on all points!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
Eridis wrote:
Jude wrote:

Oh, come on. shake Referring to wanting more "boobs" and "t&a" while discussing a boardgame in a public place is quite demeaning towards women, and if you think making ridiculous excuses for such behavior is acceptable, then I definitely think it is a cultural problem: a rape culture problem. angry Dismissing the concerns of women who don't like sexist comments and crude sexual jokes about women -- just because you are a man and it doesn't insult you -- makes you part of the problem. You likely just lost yourself a lot of female backers, buddy.

I can't say more than that I'm sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry guys, this is all my fault.
It was a crude and stupid comment and I wish I could take it back.
Please don't let any of this reflect badly on the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jalmari Ruokojärvi
Finland
flag msg tools
... staring straight into your soul.
badge
Whoah! I didn't expect to see that! Shame on you.
mbmbmbmbmb
The situation seems to have calmed down already which is good. Let's stay cool here, people. A dumb comment is a dumb comment and I'd whole-hearedly recommend viewing it as such in this case. Peter apologized like every decent person should and in his and Timo's case I'm certain they didn't mean to demean anyone or anything with anything they said. The same sentence can and probably has been uttered with 100% seriousness and it makes my blood boil too.

The same in written form with no context leaves the writer's motivations open for interpretation but luckily in this case I do have some context through knowing Timo personally and having chatted a bit with Peter. They are both good folks and I'm sure that if either of them would have said that sentence aloud they would have done so with a mock voice that would just seep and dribble with irony and everybody present would have dismissed the comment with a chuckle and moved on happily like nothing would have happened.

Now... I'd personally love to have more of mood improving art! And one more of those victim cards would be just brilliant! I'll try to sneak in a little view of them one way or another at some point so that you can see them too! (And just try to say no, Timo!) The first time I browsed through those cards was the first time ever I've had any kind of a board game component induced maelstrom of emotions. It was a wonderful and one of a kind moment! A one-shot scenario would be nice too, I suppose, but then again the true beauty of Perdition's Mouth comes apparent when it's played as a campaign and the wounds suffered start to really be a factor worth worrying about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Purgatoriant wrote:
They are both good folks and I'm sure that if either of them would have said that sentence aloud they would have done so with a mock voice that would just seep and dribble with irony and everybody present would have dismissed the comment with a chuckle and moved on happily like nothing would have happened.

Yeah, I believe most men would; but not most women. And that's the point. When you say "everybody" you are still not considering the women.

Yes, Peter apologized, which is a good thing. And maybe some guys have now realized the bad effect of such comments on women (and men's attitudes towards women) and will stop making them. But, I will not agree that sexist objectification and crude sexual comments about female anatomy are harmless, and trying to dismiss them as such is adding to the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jalmari Ruokojärvi
Finland
flag msg tools
... staring straight into your soul.
badge
Whoah! I didn't expect to see that! Shame on you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we are in a situation in which both of us want to talk sense (as we perceive it) into each other and neither of us is going to succeed. So I suggest that we leave this budding argument be and let it affect nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Purgatoriant wrote:
A one-shot scenario would be nice too, I suppose, but then again the true beauty of Perdition's Mouth comes apparent when it's played as a campaign and the wounds suffered start to really be a factor worth worrying about.

I voted for this (and asked Timo about a one shot because that makes the game more "portable" as many groups don't have the same players every time and might not want to continue the campaign without them. Also a high replay scenario would help the game get played more once the campaign is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Sexist, racist, and other prejudiced comments DO NOT reflect the opinion of this site or the vast majority of its users and ARE ALSO NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.