Epic Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Favorite card in every alignment. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Magini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which are your favorite card in every alignment so far?

Mine:

Drinker of Blood (evil)
Djinn of the Sands (sage)
Jungle Queen (wild)
Inner Peace (good)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault - Thorns of the BriarqueenMicrobadge: Ogre - Designer's Edition - OwnerMicrobadge: Rebuilding the Infinity EngineMicrobadge: Omen: A Reign of War fanMicrobadge: KeyForge fan - Dis
Great question. I'll take a stab at it, although picking just one from each Alignment is tough.

Good: Rally the People. Excellent card with so many uses.
Evil: Soul Hunter. This card can be a huge pain in your opponent's side.
Sage: Turn. Auto-include for me if I see it in draft.
Wild: Hurricane. This kind of across-the-board damage can be a game changer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's so hard to choose. Anyway, here it goes:

Good: Angel of Mercy
I always had a soft spot for Reya Dawnbringer in MtG as well. Good also has some great targets for reanimation like Palace Guard, Noble Unicorn, The People's Champion...

Wild: Kong
Big, dumb and versatile. Ever since I played it with Surprise Attack, he has a special place in my heart. I also love the artwork. This was my thoughest choice between Kong, Pyromancer, and Strafing Dragon...

Evil: Plentiful Dead
So innocuous, so annoying.

Sage: Erase
Drawing two cards and doing something else is quite absurd. Super-flexible as it can also work great on your own Tribute or Loyalty champions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Good: High King. I love the control power of this card. Feint is a close 2nd, though.

Evil: Guilt Demon. The art!!

Wild: Lightning Storm, again for the art.

Sage: Ancient Chant is amazing, and I love all the control cards (e.g. Erase, Psionic Assault, Thought Plucker) but I think I'm going to have to go with Winter Fairy for just how reliable she is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jaconetti
United States
Simpsonville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not necessarily the "best" cards but from the games I have played, some favorites...

Evil: Murderous Necromancer. Fun to play with cool artwork. I have used this card to great and terrible effect and it is a blast.

Good: Standard Bearer. Not the best card, but I really dig this card as a marriage of the theme with the effect. His function makes perfect sense and is what you would expect the Standard Bearer to do. Especially for Good.

Sage: Ancient Chant. You want card advantage? You got it! This card reminds me so much of Ancestral Recall its not even funny. But again, great card for the theme of Sage.

Wild: Forked Lightning. Two for the price of one! Can really put a damper on your opponent's plans for either attack or defend as long as you take out the potential blockers before they are declared. (Honorable Mention is Hunting Pterosaur because he is a pterosaur!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Magini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trantor42 wrote:
Ever since I played it with Surprise Attack, he has a special place in my heart.
Cool combo but Kong hasn't blitz, has he?

Or did you play it for his defense power?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mod_XXII wrote:
Trantor42 wrote:
Ever since I played it with Surprise Attack, he has a special place in my heart.
Cool combo but Kong hasn't blitz, has he?

Or did you play it for his defense power?
I put Kong into play with Surprise Attack when my opponent attacked me, killed another of his champions with Kong's Tribute ability, and then blocked, killing the attacker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Speaking as a player...

Evil: Drain Essence, because sometimes you need to call a vampire friend
Sage: Steel Golem, because sometimes you need a big blitzy untargetable monster
Wild: Raging T-Rex, because dinosaurs are great when they draw you cards
Good: Thundarus, because my Dragon deck could not exist without it

- Nathan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Magini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NathanWWG wrote:
Speaking as a player...

Evil: Drain Essence, because sometimes you need to call a vampire friend
Sage: Steel Golem, because sometimes you need a big blitzy untargetable monster
Wild: Raging T-Rex, because dinosaurs are great when they draw you cards
Good: Thundarus, because my Dragon deck could not exist without it

- Nathan
And as a designer?
Which ones make you more proud?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alea jacta est
United States
Thonotosassa
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Shamelessly looking for a citizenship star!
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil: Dark Prince. Artwork is awesome. And he's affectionately known as "Satan" for us. Not much of a stretch.

Good: Avenging Angel. Excellent art. Crippling effect. It's almost like getting free turns if she doesn't get broken quickly.

Sage: Thought plucker. Not a brainless card...if you use it smartly it can be very game changing even if it's just a couple of turns.

Honorable Mention is of course Time Master: This card is sickly strong. Even if you just use it with a lackluster manner it's power is undeniable. Use it smartly and it's game over even if it only last two or three turns.

Wild: ELDER WURM! No love for the Elder Wurm? This big, dumb, near useless creature (more than half the cards in the game can break/block it) always gets a "Oh shit" from the opponent even when they can easily stop it. A turn 1 Elder Wurm is nothing short of fun even if it isn't the smartest play. I actually got through with this dang thing once and won because of it. But generally it just looks cool.

Wild (real choice): Pyromancer. Card art makes her look like a stripper with mad skills. It's also a very strong card. Guarenteed 4 damage each turn. Great for games that have armies on each side. Plinking away 4 damage at a time forces the issue for the opponent.

Kong: Love this card too. at 13 damage it can kill almost any champ as it's played. And he's a big boy to boot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Magini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:
Wild: Lightning Storm, again for the art.
One of my fav as well! Love the art so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 15
Microbadge: Dice Throne Season 2 fanMicrobadge: Star Realms fanMicrobadge: Champions of Midgard fanMicrobadge: Epic fanMicrobadge: Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game Fan
Microbadge: Epic fan Drinker of Blood / Necromancer Lord
Microbadge: Epic fan Avenging Angel
Microbadge: Epic fan Memory Spirit
Microbadge: Epic fan Lash
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Magini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewkapish wrote:

Microbadge: Epic fan Lash
Lash... what a tematic card!
I remember I won a game with its ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Waits
United States
Elizabethtown
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Microbadge: Epic fan Drinker of Blood - I have a soft spot for drain life effects. And I love that he doesn't die to my own Apocalypse effects.

Microbadge: Epic fan Angel of Mercy - Reanimator, while somewhat less interesting in a game where you don't need to cheat anything out, always gets me excited. Break my Palace Guard? Okay...

Microbadge: Epic fan Thought Plucker - I think this is my overall favorite card in the game. I've won several times riding this little dude. Even if he never deals damage, he's ripping at least 2 cards out of their hand and drawing 1 for you, well worth the gold every time.

Microbadge: Epic fan Surprise Attack - Because no one ever thinks you might play Kong or Thundarus in the middle of combat. It's such a good feeling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are my favorites.

Evil: Trihorror, if opponent cannot banish it, it can be a formidable threat in the next turn due to Breakthrough. Also, the opponent will have to think twice whether to break it or not.

Good: Thundarus, if you play together with Gold Dragon and White Dragon give them high attack and defence value. Also, it is unbanishable

Sage: Steel Golem, it has Blitz, high offense and defence value, and untargetable

Wild: Kong, I like the fact when he comes in he can deal 12 damage which can kill most of the champions in the card pool. Combo well with Jungle Queen, Corpse Taker, Necromancer Lord, and Surprise Attack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alea jacta est
United States
Thonotosassa
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Shamelessly looking for a citizenship star!
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the responses you have to admit it's really great that so many of the cards are mentioned for artwork. How refreshing is it to see a new game from a relatively small publisher come out with mind-blowingly great art? I mean, it's almost all off-the-charts fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rain
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Microbadge: Epic fan Angel of Death - Wipe effect plus a body? Yes, thank you. Unfortunately, you can tell when I have drawn this card: I start humming Slayer!

Microbadge: Epic fan Thundarus - Big, threatening, and a great picture. I should probably start humming when I see him too...

Microbadge: Epic fan Turn - Simple and Brutal (permanent change) OR Tricky and Brutal (ambush-y change). Love it either way.

Microbadge: Epic fan Surprise Attack - Something (Ambush) for nothing? Yes please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sometimes we do constructed testing including the promo cards (for when they will come out in future sets) and one of my favorite decks is all about Elder Greatwurm. I call him "Death."

End of your turn: Surprise Attack -> Death.
My turn: Hurricane your team, attack for the win.

Oh, you had an ambush champ? That's nifty. I'll play [censored] and [censored] it to [censored] and win the game that way?

- Nathan [censored]
Studio Manager and [censored]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NathanWWG wrote:
Sometimes we do constructed testing including the promo cards (for when they will come out in future sets) and one of my favorite decks is all about Elder Greatwurm. I call him "Death."

End of your turn: Surprise Attack -> Death.
My turn: Hurricane your team, attack for the win.

Oh, you had an ambush champ? That's nifty. I'll play [censored] and [censored] it to [censored] and win the game that way?

- Nathan [censored]
Studio Manager and [censored]
I think you have much more luck getting Elder Greatwurm to work for you because many times my opponents seems to have the good fortune of having cards that banish, break, and transform like "Oh I see you play Elder Greatwurm using Surprise Attack. Okay, next turn I play Bitten or Transform to change it to a less threatening token champion."

Also, the problem i have with Elder Greatwurm us I can give it any abilities or traits like Breakthrough and Untargetable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bray
msg tools
Been a while since I've had a chance to play unfortunatly, but I gotta say my favourite Evil card is definitely Drinker of Blood. Won my last game by playing Zombie Apocalypse with Drinker in play plus a bunch of other champions on both sides, was glorious
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Clark
msg tools
Evil= Dark Soul If your opponent can't banish it or keep chump blocking it you'll get a lot of mileage.

Good= Noble Unicorn Decent body for a Champion and can really turbo charge your card draw.

Sage= Scrap Golem As the reigning standard for how good a token can be I love the potential in this for making an Inheritance of the Meek deck a stronger potential deck archetype.

Wild= Jungle Queen The +1/+1 boost is gravy on her tribute card draw and making all of your champs effectively ambush.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Arnold
msg tools
mbmb
Noble Unicorn
Turn
Necromancer Lord
Kong

Thumb up