Kemet: Ta-Seti» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mercenaries and Enforced Recuirtment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Goat Goatington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mercenaries are treated as units according to the reference sheet. When you buy the tile you get the 3 units immediately and can add them to the city.

If you have enforced recruitment, can you add them to a troop on the map? This applies to both buying the tile and replacing them in future.

Can the mercenaries exist on the map alone (i.e. no normal units with them)? Creatures always need a unit to accompany them. I'd guess they can, just want to be sure.

If the mercenaries die, are they recruited like units (1 power / unit) or like creatures (free to place as long as they can be placed legally)? Can the Reinforcements DI card place the mercenaries? Again, I'd guess like units but want to be sure.

If you have enforced recruitment, can creatures be placed on the map? A literal reading of the rules says no as they aren't units and have their own rules for placement, but it would seem to fit that you can add creatures as well as units to existing troops outside your city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Montiage
France
flag msg tools
designer
Goateh wrote:

If you have enforced recruitment, can you add them to a troop on the map? This applies to both buying the tile and replacing them in future.

When buying the tile, you can add the mercenaries to your city but it is not considered as a recruitment. So enforced recruitment does not work herer. Recruiting scrib does not work either.
But it works when you recruit your mercenaries (as mercenaries are considered basic units)
Goateh wrote:
Can the mercenaries exist on the map alone (i.e. no normal units with them)?

Mercenaries can exist alone on the map. I guess player will use the basic units because of the color but you can have a troop with 3 mercenaries on the board.
Goateh wrote:
If the mercenaries die, are they recruited like units (1 power / unit) or like creatures (free to place as long as they can be placed legally)? Can the Reinforcements DI card place the mercenaries?

I guess you're talking about recall your units after a battle. So the answer is yes, you get 1 PP for each mercenaries you recall. And yes, Reinforcement DI card works.
They act like units. In fact, mercenaries ARE units. So for example, when you use the recruit action, everything (power tile, ID...) with recruitment works with mercenaries.
Just remember that buying the tile and add mercenaries in your city (for the first time) is not a recruitment.
Goateh wrote:
If you have enforced recruitment, can creatures be placed on the map?

yes

Have fun :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had some of the same questions tonight.
So basically in summary, buying mercenaries increases your pool of units by 3. After buying the tile and initially placing them, you effectively have 3 more units than the other players in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.