Subject: Playmats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael van der Zande
Netherlands
Wateringen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that the release date is coming closer. Any word on playmats? I have seen them in the Arcane Duels video, but no info on the website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Buffalo Bills fanMicrobadge: Firefly: Shiny Dice fanMicrobadge: Critical FanMicrobadge: NXT fanMicrobadge: New York Yankees fan
MtR4444 wrote:
Now that the release date is coming closer. Any word on playmats? I have seen them in the Arcane Duels video, but no info on the website.
We're waiting on information from our manufacturer of them as to timelines for delivery. Once we have that, we'll announce when they'll be for sale. We have the one you've seen, plus another, that will be for sale soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tox, I love you, I love your videos, and I am only writing this as a constructive comment... it is waiting 'for' not 'on'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fentum wrote:
Tox, I love you, I love your videos, and I am only writing this as a constructive comment... it is waiting 'for' not 'on'.
While you are, of course, correct, I believe Mr. Morris is from Texas where "waiting on" would be a fairly common colloquialism.

Grammar and phrasing are ever-shifting phenomena as you move through various parts of this country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael van der Zande
Netherlands
Wateringen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toxziq wrote:
MtR4444 wrote:
We're waiting on information from our manufacturer of them as to timelines for delivery. Once we have that, we'll announce when they'll be for sale. We have the one you've seen, plus another, that will be for sale soon.
Thanks Tox! Hopefully the playmats and the core game will be available soon in The Netherlands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MDJD wrote:
fentum wrote:
While you are, of course, correct, I believe Mr. Morris is from Texas where "waiting on" would be a fairly common colloquialism.

Grammar and phrasing are ever-shifting phenomena as you move through various parts of this country.

Awe rite mate, but it ain't the Queen's English.

PS I love Texas and have very good friends in Southlake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fentum wrote:

Awe rite mate, but it ain't the Queen's English.
Since when have any of our former colonies ever used the Queen's English?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Rush fanMicrobadge: Cooperative? This is Sparta!Microbadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Competitive Gamer - I play to win!Microbadge: Level 13 BGG poster
MDJD wrote:
fentum wrote:

Any update on the status of the mats?

We also say "waiting on" in Ohio as well, or at least I do.

Sorry for the necro, but didn't want to start a new topic when tihs one is already there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fentum wrote:
http://www.opensourceshakespeare.org

Throughout his works, Shakespeare used "wait on" sixteen times, and almost all of them were not with the meaning of being a waiter/serving someone.

He used "wait upon" 22 times. He used "Wait for" only 4 times.

Therefore I conclude that the usage was totally acceptable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael van der Zande
Netherlands
Wateringen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just able to order the game here in The Netherlands. Hopefully the playmats will be available soon as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The playmats are available now:

Wizard vs. Beastmaster
https://store.arcanewonders.com/product.php?productid=17710

Priestess vs. Warlock
https://store.arcanewonders.com/product.php?productid=17711&...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael van der Zande
Netherlands
Wateringen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Now I'll just have to wait a bit until they are available in The Netherlands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked them about these in the UK and apparently they are available to any distributor or retailer to get to us so we need to ask the retailers to ask them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls