Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the rules posted somewhere for this? I just ordered it today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
rickert wrote:
Are the rules posted somewhere for this? I just ordered it today.
I imagine it will come with a rules sheet. I have a draft of the rules sheet for the Big Box, but not the final edited version.

For piece placement it's just like a faraway portion of the board. If you have to play on desert and aren't adjacent to desert, you can take a desert spot on the island or regular board; if you have to play on desert and are adjacent to desert on the island and nowhere else, you have to fill those spots first. If you are adjacent to desert on both the island and mainland then you can mix 'n' match as usual.

For scoring, the island isn't a quadrant (sector?), and pieces on it are not pieces on quadrants. So it isn't involved in Farmers and Lords. Otherwise it scores normally, you can connect the two locations for Merchants, score each settlement area for Hermit, etc. The lines count for Discoverers, they are new lines.

The two abilities are straightforward, move to canyon and move to forest.

My notes said to play with it in games using Harbor; if they wanted it more often, Harbor or Lighthouse. They did not include this though. Feel free to choose when to play with it however you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Candace Mercer
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Donald X! I just got the last two expansions, and am a huge fan! I love the idea of the island, but it is impossible to find, and way out of my budget even if I can find one. Any chances it will reprint? And are you ok, in this situation, with me making a proxy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
candio wrote:
Thank you Donald X! I just got the last two expansions, and am a huge fan! I love the idea of the island, but it is impossible to find, and way out of my budget even if I can find one. Any chances it will reprint? And are you ok, in this situation, with me making a proxy?
I don't imagine Queen will stop making Islands as long as there's interest. If you're willing to have a German version, that might help you find it for less.

They sell them; it's not great for me to say, "screw the publisher, make proxies."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls