seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So i've made some (sometimes blurry ) pictures of all the cards,for those who want to have an idea of the cards coming with the AC or the expansions....

The Adventurer's Companion:

With this book you will find some errors,missprint new rules to create your own hero,to level up,a bestiary and such...
But also a lot of cards !

-Overlord standard cards:

Same as the standard cards in the base box(don't mix the cards together !),it's the fundation of any overlord decks.You then add the specific ovelord class card to this deck (example: in the base game you will fin the undead overlord cards).

-The Invisible standard Overlod cards:

The IA deck,used for co op play or solo games.Again,if you want to play againt a specific overlord,you will add the 6 class specific invisible overlord card that you will have in each expansion.
(example: the Undead invisible overlord cards are in Return to Valandor Expansion).

-The Event Card decks:

Used in the Uncharted Dungeon rules.Those cards will tell you what inside a chest,if there is a trap,total level of monsters,or the secret objective of the heroes,depending on the situation.

-Location cards :

my favorite cards! between quests heroes can visit some locations and roll a die ! The look and the feel of those cards remain me of Talisman 2d edition,and that's great !The humour is great also.(Look at the 1 in the Tavern...)
Two missprints: on two cards,there are reference to Marskamn(*) and Deft Throw (*) ,two skills that aren't in the rules.

-Trap cards:

A good variety of traps.

-Items:
*crystals :

A wizard without crytals isn't a real wizard.

*armors and shields:

*weapons:

you kwow a game will be great when you can have a living sword

*scrolls and little objects:

The Mystic's Eye is a cool idea.
Not sure why the Nilfit's Door Opener is a "one use" item.Maybe a missprint?

*Potions

Wanna drink something?

*3 furniture cards:

if you want to add some rules to those plastic furnitures.

-Spells :

*Songs:

I still don't know how do you use the Love's fool song in a normal game.

*Petty Magic:

*Geomancy:

*Divinity:

*Hydromancy:

"Water Breathing" sounds nice,but i don't think there are water tiles in the game yet.In the future maybe?

*Druidism :

*Sorcery:

*Pyromancy:

burn the witch monsters !

*Aeromancy:

I believe i can fly..

*Necromancy:

The Necromancy spells are only used by the Overlord Bosses.
Heroes don't have access to those spells.

-Uncharted Dungeon cards:

And that's it for all the cars that come with Adventurer's Companion book...a lot of cards.

Now...the expansions ! Each expansion come with cards you can add to the cards from the AC.

The return of Valandor

-Undead Invisible Overlord Cards:

If you want to play against an undead Overlord,add those 6 cards to the standard Invisible Overlord deck.

-Location cards:

yeah ! i love those cards !

-Items:

the insanely powerfull weapon and armour of Valandor are here !

-Spells/song:

Spells for Sorcery,Pyromancy,Petty Magic,Divinity,and one new song !
Malevolance is a powerfull.Yeah it's sorcery !

-Uncharted dungeon cards:

Warlord of Galahir

-Orc Invisible Overlord cards:

If you want to play against an orc overlord,you know what to do now.

-Orc Overlord cards:

this time,the overlord isn't a necromancer but an orc chief.No more raise dead ! So new tricks ! You add those cards to the standard overlord card.

-Ability cards:

used in a standard game where the progression of the heroes in the story is fixed.I love those cards,could be nice if in the future Mantic do a deck of all the abilities in the game,so instead of writing on your hero sheet,you can add use those cards in a campaign play.

-Location cards:

Awesome !

-Items:

treats?treats !

-Spells:

Spells for Hydromancy,Aeromancy,Geomancy,Druidism,Petty Magic.

Infernal Crypts

-Demon Invisible Overlord Cards:

You kwow what it is !

-Demon Overlord Cards:

i am a Demon ! I am a Demon !

-Location cards:

great !

-Ability cards:

-Items:

And you will need those potions...Lava hurts a lot !

-Spells:

Spells for Divinity,Aeromancy,Pyromancy,Petty Magic

Lava tiles?Lava tiles !

Tyrant of Halpi

-Dragon Invisible Overlord cards:

if you want to play against a dragon overlord (are you sure?)...
Missprint : the logo on those cards is wrong,it's the logo from the Warlord of Galahir expansion.

-Dragon Overlord cards:

Thralls ! Thralls everywhere !

-Dragon attack cards:

The dragon has 3 attacks he can choose.
Yes he can breathe fire.Dragon confirmed.

-Location cards:

yes ! yes !

-Items:

Energy Crytal Power 4 ?wait what?

-Spells/Songs:

Spells for Divinity,Sorcery,Petty Magic,Aeromancy,Hydromancy,Geomancy,and 2 new songs.

-Ability Cards:

-Uncharted Dungeon cards:

And that's all !Pfieww a lot of cards !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Take a litlle look at all the cards from the AC and the 3 expansions !
That is really great for people still waiting on boats to arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran M
United Kingdom
Co. Down
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this up Seb - in terms of content it's a good bundle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Torres
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for this!

Do you think is safe to go and mix all the cards form one category from the different expansions together, or some of them make only sense when playing one specific campaign? (for the overlord cards is clear that an undead overlord should not be using the orc overlord cards...)

If we mix them, is there possible to later tell from which expansion each card is?

And, do you think the uncharted dungeon and invisible overlord cards of the expansions add anything to the ones in the AC? They seem random variations to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
So if we have 2 Overlord standard sets of cards (1 from the BaseGame and 1 from the AC) it should be pssible to play journey from the east anf journey from the west parallel with 1 Overlord and 4 Heroplayers. Maybe have to proxy some Minis right?
No problems with proxying. H
I have a lot of sceletons (in my closet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cuthailion wrote:

Don't want to know how arrrh

That would be great indeed to fight on both fronts !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Welcome to the Dream, Hunter!Microbadge: Folklore fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Dark Souls: The Board Game fanMicrobadge: Geek Regular
just done first "proper " quest [well met] using IO deck..hard soo hard "god the pain death everywhere we were so close"...lol
nearly did it but would you believe a freakin zombie wiped my wizard out before the ward spell could be cast on the final door to win!!! [Hudson cut in=game over man].but what great fun so challenging.just a quick tip if doing the full campaign add the IO cards from the valendar expansion pack if you have it.adds even more overlord variety..just great fun loving the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Take a litlle look at all the cards from the AC and the 4 expansions !
garrapeta wrote:
Thanks so much for this!

Do you think is safe to go and mix all the cards form one category from the different expansions together, or some of them make only sense when playing one specific campaign? (for the overlord cards is clear that an undead overlord should not be using the orc overlord cards...)

If we mix them, is there possible to later tell from which expansion each card is?
not really,there is no symbol on the cars,except the overlord cards
For the items i think it depends on the expansion.
In the Tyrant of Halpi for example,in the last quest you will have a lot of chests with random items.The rules say you have to mix base game items with this expansion items.For the balance i think it's great.
And in the Infernal Crypt,the special potions makes only sense if you will walk on lava tiles...

garrapeta wrote:

And, do you think the uncharted dungeon and invisible overlord cards of the expansions add anything to the ones in the AC? They seem random variations to me.
Invisible overlord cards add special powers to the overlord invisible deck.
Of course it makes only sense if you want to fight a specific overlord.
Uncharted Cards use the specific tiles that come with each expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Take a litlle look at all the cards from the AC and the 4 expansions !
Cuthailion wrote:
So if we have 2 Overlord standard sets of cards (1 from the BaseGame and 1 from the AC) it should be pssible to play journey from the east anf journey from the west parallel with 1 Overlord and 4 Heroplayers. Maybe have to proxy some Minis right?
yep.No sure about the tiles,but yes i think you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mbmb
Someone over at the Mantic forums is compiling a list of all the cards. This might be helpful for folks trying to inventory what they have:

https://manticforum.com/forum/dwarf-king-s-hold/general-disc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Belsamoreth wrote:
So i've made some (sometimes blurry ) pictures of all the cards,for those who want to have an idea of the cards coming with the AC or the expansions....
Thank you for this. I was trying to work through my Carton B last night and between the 3 (4?) expansions AND the Kickstarter bonuses all being bundled together in the spare book-box, the baggie-of-things, AND another cardboard box, I got a little lost as to what I do and don't have. The good news is that I'm pretty sure I've got everything. The bad news is that one of the tiles in the book-box has a deep gouge in it. At least now I can go through my cards and re-baggie them and maybe put in some notes about what they are all for. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
and between the 3 (4?) expansions
4 !
i've made a mistake in my title.
it's edited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused I'm sorry .. So much info on the game .. I only received my add ons due to living in the us . I did however get my copy of the hard back adventure book . I didn't get any cards . I'm giessing that will come in carton b ? Which I have coming .. Also does any one have a pic of the big ks box u get when you order all 3 expansions ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
Belsamoreth wrote:
Cuthailion wrote:
yep.No sure about the tiles,but yes i think you can.
The tutorial maps are not that big so I guess it's possible (since we get multiple copies of the same shape of tiles).
If not: I can do it anyway since I have DKH and you can build the maps with those tiles too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Belsamoreth wrote:
garrapeta wrote:
Thanks so much for this!

not really,there is no symbol on the cars,except the overlord cards
For the items i think it depends on the expansion.
In the Tyrant of Halpi for example,in the last quest you will have a lot of chests with random items.The rules say you have to mix base game items with this expansion items.For the balance i think it's great.
And in the Infernal Crypt,the special potions makes only sense if you will walk on lava tiles...

Actually, if you look in the top left and right of each item, spell, etc card and the Middle left and right there's a small coloured gem. Im pretty sure that colour of the gem indicates which expansion they belong to so you can separate them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran M
United Kingdom
Co. Down
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crazy Jaws wrote:

Actually, if you look in the top left and right of each item, spell, etc card and the Middle left and right there's a small coloured gem. Im pretty sure that colour of the gem indicates which expansion they belong to so you can separate them.
Can't say I'm seeing that myself - maybe I am missing what gem to look for?

From what I can see, the gem colour indicates the type of card it is regardless of expansion

e.g. location cards have a blue gem, ability cards have a green gem, items/spells/songs have a pink gem etc

This remains the same all the examples above across all the expansion those cards are presented in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
@Ezeqiel, yes, you're right, had a look back at my set and it indicates the type of card, not what set it comes from.

I suppose if you do want to separate them you'd just have to use a contents list

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran M
United Kingdom
Co. Down
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, it is a bit of a hassle but would have been a good idea to mark them that way via the gems.

I'd think we could easily colour/mark one of the gems ourselves to identify the cards per expansion rather than having to refer back to a list.

It could be discreet enough to not notice unless you were looking for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls