Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say that there is a bottom row of cubes and directly on top, going from left to right there is a cube, then scepter straight up(on top of the bottom level cube, and then a cube again on the right side of the scepter. Can the scepter turn sideways to go on either of the surrounding cube walls? If you move the cubes and then push them back together, there is a room for the scepter to move sideways. Just wasn't sure if this was legal. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A photo would be better,i burn my brain try to figure it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure.

From- http://i.imgsafe.org/fd2f17e.jpg

to

http://i.imgsafe.org/ff4dbb3.jpg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
Sure.

From-

to

I always have questions related to this, too, so I just avoid it in play. Looking forward to some answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent an email to Mr. Seal. His response:

"Thanks for the question... Officially it is a No, although I have always wondered if it should be an allowable position. The real question is which rule makes a better game and which rule is more logical. I have not played enough games with the Yes scenario to establish if it makes for a better game. I have also considered the idea that a Cube could trap a Sceptre in this manner... Which one do you think is best?

In short No, but do try Yes, I would be interested to see the result.

M"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abstract Strategy
msg tools
So, let me get this straight. I understand that you are not allowed to climb out of a valley between two blocks that are a single block-width apart when there is bump facing inward at the head of the sceptre, to interfere with it in the direction you wish to climb. That makes sense as the sceptre does not fit and is blocked at its head end by the bump. However, what is being said here is that you are ALSO not allowed to climb out under similar circumstances when there is a hole, instead of a bump, facing inward directly above the head of your sceptre, one block away. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Seal
United Kingdom
Brighton
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Yes, you can climb out. You just can't reside in the valley horizontally.

You can physically fit if the opposite cube was adjusted during your move, but then you would be trapped as that cube would have to be placed over the exposed end of the Sceptre. Also the angular version of Axiom has a longer Sceptre, that would not fit.. The rules need to be the same for both version/designs.

Hope this clarifies the situation.. M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls