Subject: Dragon expansion small? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerome Loisel
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone else feel like the dragon expansion is kind of limited in scope? No new heroes, one boss, only one new enemy type, 4 quests. I was hoping that there would be stretch goals to add content to it and make it more into a real expansion, but it doesn't feel like that is where they are going with this.

Call me old-fashioned, but I like traditional, big-box expansions, with lots of content (think: all the Act 2 stuff). I don't like the kind of "expansions" miniatures companies do (3 new miniatures, each with a unique sculpt!!!!!!!!!!). I don't like modern FFG expansions (IA). That's what the dragon expansion feels like, at the moment.

And... I'm a sucker, so I'm buying it anyway. I'm just not thrilled about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you'll mostly be paying for the big chunk of plastic that is the momma dragon. That seems to be what the expansion is all about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dragon addon also states "90+ cards and tokens".

Since there are probably only 8 creature cards (green, blue, red, puple: each 1 card and 1 scroll) you can hope for more skills and items for characters.

And don't forget the raid-rules (10 heroes vs. dragon).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Kester
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this expansion is really well thought out. Yes you're right, it's not a huge big box expansion. That's what the Act II expansion is for. this is an experience that revolves around one boss. It's expensive because it's an impressive sculpt. Because of that it might not be for everyone. That's why they put its own expansion and not risk turning people away from it if they would have bundled it with act II.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A. Castro
Spain
Córdoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carraway0877 wrote:
The dragon addon also states "90+ cards and tokens".

Since there are probably only 8 creature cards (green, blue, red, puple: each 1 card and 1 scroll) you can hope for more skills and items for characters.

And don't forget the raid-rules (10 heroes vs. dragon).

Also don´t forget the new 7 terrain tiles, as said in the KS comments:
"Vastaryous will have a special map showing its huge lair on one side and the lava caves dungeon on the other side. The quests will also use several forest tites from the ACT I"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can reveal a little secret...
in the 90 cards there are also a more powerful version of the Orcs (Warriors Shamans) to represent the clan who lives in the dark queen island devil
In addition you will find new hero powers, new traps and new treasures!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Pavia
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simone Romano wrote:
I can reveal a little secret...
in the 90 cards there are also a more powerful version of the Orcs (Warriors Shamans) to represent the clan who lives in the dark queen island devil
In addition you will find new hero powers, new traps and new treasures!

Why do you hate my wallet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Benzon
Denmark
flag msg tools
Does anyone know if the dragon expansion will be ready alongside the retail version of the core game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benzon wrote:
Does anyone know if the dragon expansion will be ready alongside the retail version of the core game?

It will not. They've stated that it will only come out the following year after the core set so 2017. The advantage to getting in the KS is you get it at the same time as the core box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ap49 wrote:
Why do you hate my wallet?

What are you talking about? Gremlin Project loves your wallet! That's why they keep releasing awesome extras; to get a bigger piece of it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.