Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's never too early to start discussing events you are running, events you are signing up for, what games you are bringing for open gaming, should we have another math trade, trash talking, etc.

February 12th-14th
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West (Plymouth)
www.conofthenorth.org
www.cpplymouth.com

The event lists are posted on their site and the event books should be arriving this month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter and I will be running the Dark World trilogy on Friday from 6 to 10pm. This includes the base game plus Dark World: Village of Fear and Dark World: Dragon's Gate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And here's my list of what I'm running:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/196192/matts-2016-con-nor...

Red Dragon Inn
7 Wonders
Legendary
Lords of Waterdeep
Firefly the Game
Defenders of the Realm
Cosmic Encounter
Trains: Rising Sun
Robinson Crusoe
Dead of Winter
Battlestar Galactica
Legendary Encounters: Alien
Starfarers of Catan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:

Nice selections! I know we'll at least be signing up for Red Dragon Inn, Defenders of the Realm and Legendary Encounters: Alien.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Schensted
United States
Lakefield
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm always down in the open gaming room playing whatever comes around.

I'm always up for a math trade if someone who understands that kind of thing wants to run one.

Now I can't wait for February!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amschensted wrote:

I'm always up for a math trade if someone who understands that kind of thing wants to run one.

I've run the MT for the con the last few years and probably will do so again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Harris
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Again this year Prolific Games will be running demos of all our published games and play tests of our up coming games in the dealer hall all con long.

We will also host our 6th annual Flapjacks & Sasquatches World Championship Saturday from 14-18pm. This year my money is on Chad's daughter, she has been denied too long!

On Sunday we will be hosting our first Tricked-Out Herotournament from 10-12. No knowledge of the game is needed as long as you have familiarity with trick taking card games. There will be prizes for all who enter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bolog wrote:

We will also host our 6th annual Flapjacks & Sasquatches World Championship Saturday from 14-18pm. This year my money is on Chad's daughter, she has been denied too long!

While she has a good chance at the title, there is no doubting my card laying and dice rolling skills. My 2014 flannel is still nice to wear around, but I need a fresh 2016 one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden Johnson
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amschensted wrote:

Maybe I'll bring my deluxe version of Orléans and see if Lisa wants to play with me. I'll make sure Lance is doing something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
bolog wrote:
Again this year Prolific Games will be running demos of all our published games and play tests of our up coming games in the dealer hall all con long.

Is the fantasy bidding game you brought for playtest to the UGG Meetup last year finished? And what is its name?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amschensted wrote:

I am assuming that Chad or I will run a math trade. I think he did it last year. I have already gotten a lot of interest for another math trade.

Edit: yep. just saw Chad's post. another math trade. such an addiction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Olsen
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sancmat wrote:
amschensted wrote:

I am assuming that Chad or I will run a math trade. I think he did it last year. I have already gotten a lot of interest for another math trade.

Don't know if I can resist a local math trade, but don't see myself going to the Con or paying just to get in to exchange...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jabooty3 wrote:
sancmat wrote:
amschensted wrote:

Don't know if I can resist a local math trade, but don't see myself going to the Con or paying just to get in to exchange...

You don't have to pay to get into the Con and walk around. It's open to everyone. You only have to pay to play in events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Harris
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ampoliros wrote:
bolog wrote:

Is the fantasy bidding game you brought for playtest to the UGG Meetup last year finished? And what is its name?

The working title is Caravan: The Looting (we just call it Caravan) and game play is fairly close to locked. Although we can always use more input. It still needs quite a bit of art but we have some sample art on the cards.

We will definitely have a demo copy at the con and would love feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Kennedy
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yaaaaaay! Can't wait! This is 2 minutes away from my home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Harris
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
bolog wrote:

While she has a good chance at the title, there is no doubting my card laying and dice rolling skills. My 2014 flannel is still nice to wear around, but I need a fresh 2016 one.

I don't know... Her level of commitment to winning a flannel of her own is growing each year. If you make the final table and she doesn't I could see her taking you out and then offering to sub in for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bolog wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
bolog wrote:

I don't know... Her level of commitment to winning a flannel of her own is growing each year. If you make the final table and she doesn't I could see her taking you out and then offering to sub in for you

Ha, anything is possible at the Flapjacks World Championship! devil

....and I'm sure you meant to type, "when you make the final table".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fix
United States
St Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Question for this thread...I am likely going to be bringing my son to at least part of the con this year. Can I sign up for events as a pair, or do I just have to sign us both up for the events we want to do together and hope we both get picked? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
mbmbmbmbmb
So I mailed in my pre-registration and haven't gotten anything back. Should I re-register to sign up for games? Help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danfix99 wrote:

Question for this thread...I am likely going to be bringing my son to at least part of the con this year. Can I sign up for events as a pair, or do I just have to sign us both up for the events we want to do together and hope we both get picked? Thanks.

Are you registering separately? If so, you'll have to sign up for events individually and hope you both get in.

The tactic I use with myself and my daughter is register for events in every time slot. Then when we get there we see what events we got together (which we usually have several). The ones we don't we decide if we want to go on our own, or turn our single tickets back in for other Con attendees to claim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
12from1 wrote:
So I mailed in my pre-registration and haven't gotten anything back. Should I re-register to sign up for games? Help!

You should be getting an event book in the mail in the next week or two. You can register online now without the book though, as the events are already posted.

Make sure to list an alternate choice (if you have any) for the time slots you register for. That way you have a good chance of getting into some kind of event.

Remember it's first to register, first to get into events (once they start going through the submissions after the Jan. pre-register deadline). They go by the date of when people paid for their registrations, not when they submit their event requests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
This happy cat is excited about new board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Heck yeah I'm excited for CotN! I'm even not running anything for the first time in years so I don't have my open game room time interrupted with scheduled events I can't skip. laugh

But right now I'm packing to go to GameHole Con in Madison WI where I'm running 14 hours of events... so I'll have to jump back in this thread when I get back. Though I'll probably wait until after Christmas to run my traditional "what games should I bring" poll. I do know MplsMatt wanted me to bring my hard to find copy of Neue Heimat to try out... so that's a start.

Looking forward to seeing you all in February!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZackStack wrote:

But right now I'm packing to go to GameHole Con in Madison WI where I'm running 14 hours of events...

A recap of GameHole Con would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bolog wrote:

Whoa....I just noticed you have room for 100 lumberjacks this year! It was amazing to have 50 battling it out last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:

You should be getting an event book in the mail in the next week or two. You can register online now without the book though, as the events are already posted.

Make sure to list an alternate choice (if you have any) for the time slots you register for. That way you have a good chance of getting into some kind of event.

Remember it's first to register, first to get into events (once they start going through the submissions after the Jan. pre-register deadline). They go by the date of when people paid for their registrations, not when they submit their event requests.

Well - I tried to register, but it won't let me. In the FAQ, it says to select "already registered" for my case, but there isn't an option for that. So whenever I try to submit my event list, it keeps giving an error. I'll e-mail info@conofthenorth.org to ask what's up.

Thanks for the insight, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [18] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.