5 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Hoth expansion having 4 player skirmish- details? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juice Juice

Wisconsin
msg tools
Has anyone seen any details regarding the skirmish mode being modified to accommodate 4 players? I read the latest news article from FFG regarding the expansion. The article had a lot of details regarding figures, but I have yet to see anything about how they are going to incorporate 4 players.

Any ideas or news?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Andersson
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
Uuurrh! I let him in, uuuhh, was that not cool? Arrrarrh...
Microbadge: Star Wars: Legion fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Imperial Assault fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fan
Not really, but my guess is it will be both a 2v2 and a 3 or 4 player free-for-all with new maps for at least the free-for-all but maybe for both versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
2v2 wouldn't really need a lot of adjustments. Maybe take it down to 30 for a squad and 12points/card. Even that concession is just to speed up the game.

FFA... I'm not sure how you would do that. Randomized initiative seems to crapshoot. A rotating system of players 1234 then next turn 2341 then 3412 still seems like it would punish players as you could conceivably have to deal with opponents activating 6 times before you go once. Maybe style it after NFL draft where activation is 1234 4321 1234. Even that screws somebody over. Borrow something from XWMG where figures activate based on point value. But then someone could stack hired guns and activate everything first.

Whatever the choice, we will find out soon enough.

Some Maps would need some adjusting for FFA to make them balanced for 3-4 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Existing maps wouldn't work at all with more players. Where would you the extra players' starting zones be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T. Probst
Germany
Waghäusel
of the Art
flag msg tools
K I S S
badge
Tennessee Titans
Microbadge: Houston Oilers fanMicrobadge: Houston Oilers Warren Moon fanMicrobadge: Tennessee Oilers Steve 'Air' McNair fanMicrobadge: Tennessee Titans Vince Young fanMicrobadge: Tennessee Titans fan

Now my second base game makes sense (and offers game play value...)! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls