4 Posts

Santa's Bag» Forums » Variants

Subject: Suggested Market Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giddy Goblin
Canada
flag msg tools
I have played this game several times with my kids and I found this variant to work really well for our family:

Instead of trading with the other players (because everyone is looking for the same resources and the negotiations were taking a really long time), we created a Market to trade with. The Market is 5 face up part cards that each player can choose to trade with on their turn (one card per turn). If the Market ever has three of the same part in it, the five cards are discarded and replaced from the top of the parts deck.

This made for a much more enjoyable experience when playing so I thought I would share!

We were lucky enough to meet the designer at the Lion Rampant open house. We hope things go well with this game and future games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Sousa
msg tools
Wonderful idea! We just tried the market variant and it worked perfectly, it's a must. The game becomes faster, more intuitive and simple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Johner
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
What a great little game for the family. It is hard to find a board game for a family of six with a Christmas Theme. Your variant really does make the game more accessible to younger children and does not take away from the whole game experience for the older children. Thank you for sharing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.