Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Smith
United States
Maryville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please forgive a possibly ignorant question, but can someone explain to me how the thumb-counts (for example, next to geek-list titles) are derived?

Is there some sort of expiration to a recommendation, after which it's no longer counted in the thumb-count?

Example: The current Friedemann Friese geeklist. Yesterday it had something like 282 recommendations at one point. When I logged on this most recent time, it showed 101 recommendations. When I opened a new tab a couple of minutes later to verify the spelling of Mr. Friese's name, the list showed 98 recommendations.

??? ???

Surely people aren't dropping that many thumbs-down on things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The list has currently 319 thumbs up.

But you're watching the 'hot lists' module. For this module, thumbs up expire after 48 hours. Otherwise you'd see the same items for years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Smith
United States
Maryville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick answers.

I thought it was probably something simple like that, but never had seen any actual discussion of it.

It makes perfect sense to keep the "hot" list rotating.

Have a great day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.