Steve Pavey
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you use the food gained at the hunting grounds to feed your viking warriors sent on the boat to distant shores to fight monsters - in the same round gained?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, because the hunting grounds are resolved first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rogalski
United States
Charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Not sure about that, don't you have to assign workers and load your boats up first before rolling any dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Strubczewski
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can not use food you gained that round to put on your boat. See rules pages 6-7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pavey
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it isn't very clear in the rules, but it does make sense, as Chris points out, the ships are to be assigned with vikings/food (p.6) before one moves to rolling dice.

And Marty, this is the confusion, because you CAN USE food gained this round, when gained at the Smokehouse and a number of locations.

David - this is how we first played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miche
Germany
flag msg tools
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat...
badge
I see dead people...
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level III - Are we geeks because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are geeks?Microbadge: Copper ReviewerMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Copper Session ReporterMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.
If we consider the order how to resolve things I don't think this is possible. You assign your warriors (and food) to the boats and monsters, THEN you go hunting with your remaining warriors.

Thematically I would theme it like this:
at the beginning of the year, you chieftain go to the market to get all you need for a year of vikinging - food, good fortune, warriors, etc. Then you send your minions off to hunt evil trolls and monsters (either send them North or put them on boats with food and see them set sail). The remainders (the weak and fearful) you send to the hunting grounds. When they come back, the boats have long gone.

Cu,
da_miche
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ole Steiness
Denmark
Herlev
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

You are not allowed to put food from hunting done in the same round - it is supposed to be happening at the same time, in the fighting phase.

I am sorry if it isn't clear in the rules. I understand the confusion.

Cheers,
Ole
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
It _IS_ clear in the rules:
pg 6: ASSIGN VIKING WARRIORS is explicitly when you fill your boats with food
pg 7: COMBAT RESOLUTION is when you hunt and gain food.

How can you use food you gained on pg 7 to fill a boat you were supposed to do in pg 6?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls