Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Franklin
United States
Clinton
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, with the JM Pledge Manager closing tomorrow, I find myself trying to decide what last minute items I want to get and, being torn, decided to come here and see what you guys are doing and why.

The main things I'm torn on are Item Expansion 2 &/or 3 (I'm going to skip on Quest Expansion 3 since I already have 1 & 2 & the modules, so just don't think I need another Quest Expansion) and the acrylic Brigand (male and/or female).

Also, I REALLY would like the rulebook for the painting tutorials and pictures to help with me painting, but... I just don't think $40 is worth it.

For those of you that have the acrylic Brigand, what are your thoughts on it? Is it really worth $15? Especially considering no one in my group currently plays the Brigand, but I was kinda hoping that getting a new mini for him might get him back to the table.

As for the Item Expansions... I know it's been discussed, but are they really going to be worth it? Or maybe available later at retail? Already have so much Myth stuff and considering we're only playing it about once a month so far, I think we have PLENTY of content, but items are something that could really add a lot to play... ugh, decisions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the pagentry of the clear brigand figure. I know getting the female one is really over the top, but I decided it would feel strange to just have the male.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that book is calling to me.. but I maxed out my $ already for the game and heck for the summer fall and spring gaming budget...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee ogre
msg tools
mbmbmb
At this point I'm just debating whether or not to do early shipping on the 2.0 stuff.

On the one hand, it would be nice to have the physical 2.0 rulebook and cards to reference.

On the other, my group's doing fine with 1.3 content, and I'm not looking forward to an extra afternoon of re-sleeving, and extra money for shipping twice is a mild irritant.

Gripping hand, I'm worried if I _don't_ take early shipping, some kind of crazy screwup will happen and I'll have nothing new to look at until 2017...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will definately early ship... been holding back waiting for the new cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Abercrombie
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
It's been confusion from the word go!
mbmbmbmbmb
The acrylic Brigand has a high coolness factor. It definitely is a nice way to keep track of when the Brigand is in darkness. On the other hand, one other downside to keep in mind is that it only matches the novice Brigand so when he advances to journeyman, the sculpt doesn't match. Not that someone couldn't just keep using the novice level sculpt if they wanted to. If no one currently uses him, it makes more sense to go for more quest and item expansions if you need to decide on one or the other.

If I remember correctly, the book has quite a bit of lore material in it. That's my main reason for getting it. It's going to have the Myth map in it as well. Also, another module in it helps too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Cohen
United States
Shrewsbury Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, the clear brigands are a must buy, because I hate tokens. Plus, they aren't available later if you change your mind. I also went for the all in modules because of the price, and the fact that they made it so that they sync up with the stretch goals. I passed on the Kracken, because I don't see him getting much play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Lobato
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question on shipping costs..

I just realized I was not charged for shipping, I have the minion level + all modules...is the shipping included for US? Am I missing anything? I did the pledge the second day that was open and did not follow Myth forum or kickstart comments anymore.. btw, I just went back to the pledge and there is nothing being added to the shipping..

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the update, the shipping cost will be added to your PM next week. If you want early shipping, you pay for it at that point. If you want it all shipped at once, you just leave it alone and I am guessing they will update the final shipping costs next year when the JM stuff is complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have an incling as to if the book be available at a later date via their webstore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee ogre
msg tools
mbmbmb
B Wumpus wrote:
Do we have an incling as to if the book be available at a later date via their webstore?
The book got its press in update #35: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-journey...

All the stuff on the book says "Limited Edition", rather than "KS Exclusive"; odds are you'll be able to buy it outside of the Kickstarter context.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ah good, because my budget is shot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do think it is important to have a separate Brigand figure over using the token; however, it doesn't need to be clear. I ended up with two base games so I painted one brigand black with purple highlights (moonlight) and use it for shadows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just keep in mind "Limited Edition" most likely means a limited print run. Hard cover books will not be cheap to produce in small runs so once they run out, they may not have them again for quite some time. At least until the Master Kickstarter happens...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackson
United States
Versailles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Squatting Monkey wrote:
I do think it is important to have a separate Brigand figure over using the token; however, it doesn't need to be clear. I ended up with two base games so I painted one brigand black with purple highlights (moonlight) and use it for shadows.
I did a similar thing by painting my extra Brigands in mostly black. Also skipped the clear brigands due to the fact that the model won't look like the character model once you hit Journeyman+ figures.

I did pick up the book, because I am a sucker for hardcover game guides/art books.

I also picked up all of the item and quest expansions, with the item expansions feeling like a "must have" for variety sake, and the quest expansions feeling more like a "meh", as I plan on spending most of my Myth time in the constructed modules once Journeyman gets here.

Out of everything offered in the two kickstarters, I have passed up:

Clear Acrylic Brigands (both) - see above
Standard Size Non-Hero Sleeves - Most cards are now 2 sided, so I'll just use clear
Item Sleeves - The last run were horribly oversized for the cards, and I received no confirmation that this would change.
Edit: Kenny did say that they would "look into this", but said that there wasn't a lot of room to work with. They are quite big and need to be reduced pretty drastically to work well on the hero boards, though.
Ironically, all tuck boxes - I can make myself

And this is from someone who went through the trouble/cost to track down the 3 gencon promo cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runeshade
United States
Mount Vernon
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
CarelessOpossum wrote:

Ironically, all tuck boxes - I can make myself

And this is from someone who went through the trouble/cost to track down the 3 gencon promo cards.
Personally, I think MegaCon should just send you a signed set of all the tuckboxes at no charge. It would be the classy thing to do imo...

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The journeyman KS is really a huge mess...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only messy part is the process of replacing the 1.0 cards for people that pledged the original Kickstarter (or purchased it at retail). All things considered, it would seem that although the process was slow, it still went fairly well.

For people like myself, that are new to the game and are pledging the original game plus the Journeyman stuff, it has gone perfectly so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
broke down added the book.

It was slow, but went well. a bit confusing at times... but all in all not too bad. I am dissappointed the spriggan skald and trickster 2.0 are not in the 1st shipping... but sic vita.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the same. I didn't initially plan on getting the book, but I decided in the end I was getting everything else so why not...

I too am disappointed that we are only receiving the core game with the 2.0 cards. I was hoping for the Undead sets and the Over the top package as well, but by the sounds of things, they don't have the 2.0 cards completed for them yet. I guess it makes more sense to ship items when the new cards are ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee ogre
msg tools
mbmbmb
Avtomatik wrote:
The journeyman KS is really a huge mess...
KS1 was pretty messy as well. MCG is a small team and things tend to get a bit disorganized because they offer a lot of stuff in the KS. My experience though is that they eventually deliver on all their promises and work hard to rectify anything that doesn't meet quality standards. I am a U.S. backer and can't speak to what happened with any international stuff.

To my view MCG is bending over backwards to provide upgrade material at cost + shipping to the KS backers, and the KS2 backers are getting a side benefit from that in the form of an early shipment of the base game.

Other games haven't gotten it quite so well. My 2nd edition upgrade for War of the Ring was just a tin box of cards with sleeves, nothing physical on the rules side, and I didn't find out that the kit was even available until I stumbled upon a dented box at clearance at my FLGS.

I paid 30 bucks + tax&shipping for the 2nd edition Descent upgrade at retail, though you can get it cheaper now. (I have since sold my descent collection as Myth took its place at the table).

Do I think MCG could do better post-kickstarter customer relations? Yes. Do I want them to divert resources from getting the game done and done right? No.

I just bundle all these experiences up under the "joys of kickstarter" ribbon and move on with my life
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It can get confusing as there is sooooooo much stuff to choose from,..... I can't imagine how many options might be in the Master version when that comes along,....

this seems to be a trend of making many things from previous campaigns available to those trying to catch up,....

It's also a bit crazy when people were in the 1st KS and don't even know what they bought! I just can't see getting these wonderful models in and then just letting them sit in a box. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see I might end up with some catch-up for Master. I've had to go light on this one, I'm really liking what I've managed to play so far, but only a few games, and I just have *so much* stuff untouched yet from the KS1 Captain's pledge I got second hand.

I've gone with the item and quest decks, making sure everything I have is at 2.0, and the Hurani and Elemental modules, since I already have all the other minis to support those, and I really want to see the module format.

JM itself, I'll have to pick up retail when it hits, if the game is still hitting the table regularly then.

Yeah, I'm going to miss a whole bunch of fantastic stretch goals, but I struggled with dropping another two or three hundred pounds on a game I already have many, many months of play in with what I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should make a list of everything I have once the Journeyman stuff arrives. That way when the Master Kickstarter rolls around one day it will be easier to figure out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian T wrote:
I should make a list of everything I have once the Journeyman stuff arrives. That way when the Master Kickstarter rolls around one day it will be easier to figure out.
I like to use a spreadsheet to keep track of all that. Then, in Kickstarter, when you look at your list of backed projects
https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/backings?ref=bggforums
when you click on a project, at the bottom, there is a blue button marked [Add note to self] just do a cut'n'paste into the text box and save it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |