Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
We've just confirmed that members of the Spiel des Jahres committee will be joining us again next May. Just like this year they will have copies of all of the finalists for Spiel des Jahres, Kennerspiel, and Kinderspiel on hand to teach. What a great opportunity to play these games right after their announcement as finalists, and before the actual winners are crowned!

So don't delay, join us for a great BGG.CON experience, and at this event gamers of all ages are welcome.

Early-bird discount ends in just a few weeks!

Click here for more information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Young
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
Re: BGG.CON Spring: SdJ Visit Confirmed! Early Bird Discount Ends November 30th!
Yes!!

I am super-excited to hear about this! The ability to play the SdJ games was one of the biggest reasons I went last Spring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Stone is the name and Art is my game!
badge
What number are we thinking of? 69!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG.CON Spring: SdJ Visit Confirmed! Early Bird Discount Ends November 30th!
this is an amazing thing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
Microbadge: I build Crokinole boardsMicrobadge: I made my own gaming tableMicrobadge: I make wooden gamesMicrobadge: I love my gaming tableMicrobadge: Cribbage fan
Jeff, you have the bestest job in the whole wide world!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Texas A&M UniversityMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: I love TexasMicrobadge: 12th Gamer - Bryan/College Station, Texas
So glad I secured my badge and room earlier this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmb
Playing the SdJ nominees and interacting with the jury members was a highlight of this spring's BGGcon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
On top of new games, no idea how poor slobs (me) can do all this!

This is fantastic!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have a number % of tickets sold?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
We're already over 1/2 of tickets sold as compared to last year total. I imagine there will be a push at the end of the month before the price goes up and some additional word-of-mouth at CON in 10 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:
We're already over 1/2 of tickets sold as compared to last year total. I imagine there will be a push at the end of the month before the price goes up and some additional word-of-mouth at CON in 10 days.
Half of tickets available, or half of last year's total?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Next trip: Rathcon! Boomers & Friends reunite!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: Will both the official nominees and the recommendations be available, or just the nominees?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:
Question: Will both the official nominees and the recommendations be available, or just the nominees?

Only the three official nominees for each award will be setup permanently in the SdJ area. Many of the recommendations are available for checkout in the library.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon H.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have!
badge
Ron Swanson!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how Pandemic legacy will be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weizur wrote:
I wonder how Pandemic legacy will be done.
Figuring this was a possibility I bought some copies and created extra components and sleeved everything so that you can play a full January game and then reset back to untouched for the next group to do the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls