Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Risk Legacy fanMicrobadge: CMON fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Age of Empires III fanMicrobadge: Tolkien fan
How long does Artifacts take to play, especially with 2 players? Is the 60 minute statement accurate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottandkimr wrote:
How long does Artifacts take to play, especially with 2 players? Is the 60 minute statement accurate?
Yes if you include set up and clean up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a few plays, you'll probably get it down to 45 minutes. At least that was our experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
martidem wrote:
After a few plays, you'll probably get it down to 45 minutes. At least that was our experience.
Definitely with 2, as well. With 3 or 4, it may take longer.

It's worth trying the designer's cut-throat variant too, which speeds things up a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K L
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
We use two dice sets upon the advice of a fellow BGGer so there's little downtime as we can plan our moves as the other person is taking their actions - we're down to 30-40mins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
njshaw2 wrote:
It's worth trying the designer's cut-throat variant too, which speeds things up a bit.
I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks interesting; thanks for the reminder about it (I had forgotten Ryan posted that). It seems like it should make things more interactive and a little less AP-ish

As another poster suggested more dice is a good idea as well and I agree to that 45 minutes certainly seems like it is in the realm of possibility if you play quick and have some familiarity with the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls