Strike» Forums » Variants

Subject: Trivia Strike rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob McHugh
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
This is a fun, silly game that's perfect for playing with people who like games but hate learning rules. I usually play this with my family when I come home for the holidays.

Because some of my family LOVES trivia, I ended up creating a variant that incorporates trivia.

It's very simple. You play the game exactly like you would Strike, EXCEPT instead of there being a fixed number of dice to begin, the number of dice you get depends on the number of trivia questions that you have successfully answered.

1. Take a set of trivia cards from another game (trivial pursuit, bezzerwizzer, cranium) or ask each other trivia, use the internet etc.

2. Counterclockwise, go around asking everyone trivia questions using your trivia source. Do this 9-13 times depending on the difficulty of the trivia and the skill of your audience. Award one die for every correct answer.

Note: Strike normally uses 7 dice a player, so ideally you would have a range that results in players earning between 5 to 9 die (though there is fun in coming in as an underdog or coming in with a massive amount of dice).

3. Feel free to set caps or minimums (before the trivia stage has begun, for fairness) so that a particularly weak or strong player doesn't completely throw off the balance of the game.

4. With each player awarded their appropriate amount of dice, Play Strike as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls