Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have played one game solo to get rules down before our first 3-player game on Friday night. One area that has confused me a bit is where money and influence scoring comes from whether visitors in gallery or lobby.

So just to make sure I have it straight.

Artist Bonus Tiles, Reputation Tiles, Contract Cards, International Market and Media Center. Anytime you score for visitors it only counts the number in your Gallery never the Lobby correct?

Is there ever a case when a Lobby visitor is used for any scoring (other than requirement for International Market)?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo wrote:
Have played one game solo to get rules down before our first 3-player game on Friday night. One area that has confused me a bit is where money and influence scoring comes from whether visitors in gallery or lobby.

Artist Bonus Tiles, Reputation Tiles, Contract Cards, International Market and Media Center. Anytime you score for visitors it only counts the number in your Gallery never the Lobby correct?
Correct.

Quote:
Is there ever a case when a Lobby visitor is used for any scoring (other than requirement for International Market)?
No.

You seem to have understood it all correctly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBen wrote:
T-Mo wrote:

Correct.

Quote:
No.

You seem to have understood it all correctly
Thanks for the answers. I wasn't playing it correctly in my solo play but think I have it now. This game as a bit of a learning curve but once you get going definitely a fun experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2020 - Kanban EV, Mercado de Lisboa, 2021 - Weather Machine, Surviving Mars Exp, 2022 - House of Crime, Bot Factory, 2023 - Neural Net, 2024 - Escape Plan the Heist
mbmbmbmbmb
You got it.

When you teach the game, is easy to refer to the Vip scoring as Party and the Investors scoring as a Meeting. This will help to understand theme better.

Try to take a look at the post with the thematic tips.
enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:
You got it.

When you teach the game, is easy to refer to the Vip scoring as Party and the Investors scoring as a Meeting. This will help to understand theme better.

Try to take a look at the post with the thematic tips.
enjoy.
Yes those tips are helpful in fleshing out the mechanics. Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to think of visitors in the Lobby as being 'at a distance'. That helps me to remember the International Market conditions, and also the rule associated with the reputation tile in your Gallery's 3rd slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2020 - Kanban EV, Mercado de Lisboa, 2021 - Weather Machine, Surviving Mars Exp, 2022 - House of Crime, Bot Factory, 2023 - Neural Net, 2024 - Escape Plan the Heist
mbmbmbmbmb
I see it as a office or a bar where you discuss your gallery business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Dankberg
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Carey wrote:
I like to think of visitors in the Lobby as being 'at a distance'. That helps me to remember the International Market conditions, and also the rule associated with the reputation tile in your Gallery's 3rd slot.
uhm.. what rule is that??? I hope I didn't miss something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gdankberg wrote:
Steve Carey wrote:
See the middle of pg. 8 (when you get/use the 3rd slot tile, you'll lose a visitor from your Lobby).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Dankberg
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Carey wrote:
gdankberg wrote:
Steve Carey wrote:
See the middle of pg. 8 (when you get/use the 3rd slot tile, you'll lose a visitor from your Lobby).
carp. I knew that one would be trouble when I read it. Completely forgot it. Thank you Steve! I'm thinking for next game I'll have everyone put a little doohickey on top of the tile as a reminder/cue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a reminder on the player board where you place the reputation markers, it shows a meeple being moved from the lobby to the plaza. A similar reminder is present above the sale prices for art on the right side of the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls