Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I´m trying to get 300 years old, so now I´m a teenager
mbmbmbmbmb
It´s not easy making new sector tiles with only the *.jpg files or converted *.psd files and Corel Photopaint and Corel Draw 7 but it works.

Those are not as good as the ones that others have made but I´m not willing to pay a lot of bucks for new programs and the result is ok for me and so I will continue to make our whole solar system playable with Xia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Smith
United States
Andover
Kansas
flag msg tools
GET OVER HERE!
badge
Who the @#&% was that?
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks pretty good actually, and you will find that when you print out custom files they will soften and blur just a bit which helps smooth out the look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting that there is no spawn or exploration spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Strauss
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChromiumAgeCollector wrote:
Interesting that there is no spawn or exploration spot.
There is a spawn point on every sector of the base game (except xia itself) and so there should be enough for even a large galaxy.

When I´m done with the solar system, there will be missions involving earth and dune (yes I know that Dune isn´t part of our solar system whistle ) should be interesting enough to go there without beeing spawned there directly or having a mission to do so.

And above all......this is still work in progress

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian H
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that you have the entry to Dune coming off the side of the sector. Thats something i dont think ive seen before.

Have you put the files into the files section?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenny Raaymakers
New Zealand
Wanganui
flag msg tools
There wouldn't be much point in having more spawn points anyway. You respawn according to the roll of the D20 and there are already 19 spawn points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Strauss
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crikeythecat wrote:
I like that you have the entry to Dune coming off the side of the sector. Thats something i dont think ive seen before.

Have you put the files into the files section?
They are not yet in the files section ( I will first complete all the Planets and Mission cards ) but you can click on the image and then save the jpg in original size, this should be as good as it could be.

In the files section:
Our solar system and some more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lien Rag
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
f-p-p-m wrote:
It´s not easy making new sector tiles with only the *.jpg files or converted *.psd files and Corel Photopaint and Corel Draw 7 but it works.

Those are not as good as the ones that others have made but I´m not willing to pay a lot of bucks for new programs and the result is ok for me and so I will continue to make our whole solar system playable with Xia.
I'm really annoyed by your post where you claim "i do low quality and fuck you".

I think it's a lack of respect for the players, to which you say "spend time printing and playtesting the stuff i did not want to spend too much time on".
I think it's a lack of respect for Cody Miller who gave us all the material to work on.
I think it's a lack of respect for the community who created files usable without adobe suite, for example GIMP which is free (the cards and the sectors).

I think the part that annoys me most is that you create a whole forum thread to have people recomfort you and say it's ok to do bad work.
Well it's not ok, your "lot of bucks" excuse does nos stand (gimp), and thus this whole thread is a masquerade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Strauss
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LienRag99 wrote:
f-p-p-m wrote:

I'm really annoyed by your post where you claim "i do low quality and fuck you".

I think it's a lack of respect for the players, to which you say "spend time printing and playtesting the stuff i did not want to spend too much time on".
I think it's a lack of respect for Cody Miller who gave us all the material to work on.
I think it's a lack of respect for the community who created files usable without adobe suite, for example GIMP which is free (the cards and the sectors).

I think the part that annoys me most is that you create a whole forum thread to have people recomfort you and say it's ok to do bad work.
Well it's not ok, your "lot of bucks" excuse does nos stand (gimp), and thus this whole thread is a masquerade.
You are a little bit harsh and maybe you didn´t understand what I´ve tried to say.
First of all, Xia is a great game and I´ve pimped a lot of games without having the resources from the designer.
I´m extremely glad that Cody gave the files to the public !
I am very experienced with the old Corel Draw 7 I´ve used and also with Corel Photo Paint, but I didn´t even have the time to learn to work with Gimp wich is already installed on my System as well as an old Version of Adobe Photoshop.
I like to work with programs I´m familiar with and I try to get the best results out of it.

I never meant:
LienRag99 wrote:
"i do low quality and fuck you"
I meant "Sorry, but this is the best I can do, I wish I could have done it better but I guess the result is ok for you because it is ok for me".

I wouldn´t have done this for a game that I didn´t like and I guess the results are playable (untested, sure but how long should I test before making them public) and aesthetical pleasing. At least I use them and I´m still working on more.
To be true, I´ve never made a greater mod to any game than the one I´m working on now, but unfortunately my plea for help has garnered no interest ( My attempt on making the biggest Star Trek mod for Xia - Legends of a Drift System (Help needed) ) and so I have to make the mod by myself.
Maybe you can take a look in this Geeklist and help me making a better mod ?
Yesterday I´ve printed my 44 Star Trek Shipmats and the ability cards you can see in this list, this costs time and money and right now I´m working on Planets and Mission cards for this mod, so how can you tell me that I disrespect the game, the players of this game or the designer ?
I have changed files by request of others, because I would like to have the best I can for this excellent game and the files I have made so far are totally playable and when the sectors are on the table you can see only minor differences to the original.
Oh, and by the way, in my next mod I make good use of the three developer kits I´ve bought because I will add Photon Torpedos wich use a d10 (unused in the game until now).

Should I say that you have no respect for the community because you use this site for free and have no Patron Badge ?
Should I say you are no real boardgamer because you only have 32 games ?

I wouldn´t do that because I didn´t know you and maybe you didn´t have enough money to spend for the hobby, as I didn´t have money to spend for expensive programs or not enough time to learn to use the free ones.
I rather spend my time making mods for already great games like xia and sometimes to answer postings like yours.

So please keep calm and if you don´t like my mods, you don´t have to use them.
It would have been better if you would have told me what I could improve, so I could have thought about how to do this.

You my unknown friend could at least improve your behavior
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls