Subject: Mechazod will destroy you! Tavern Brawl 2-8 Nov rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Linnell
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
This weeks tavern brawl is a nice switch-up, with players getting the chance to play cooperatively. The decks are pre-made, and only priest and paladins are playable, but there's some fun stuff in there and Mechazod is surprisingly hard to defeat - it seems that his attacks are all pretty random, and that the buffing spells are a bit of a trap, since if you ever build up one good minion, it will almost certainly be assassinated. That said, the little interaction with Loremaster Cho was neat, and the possibility of having a huge turn with Loremaster Cho out and all your spells costing zero is enticing to hold onto for the right moment.

Only bad part is that you can't build your own deck, since certain cards would simply destroy mechazod. That said, I wonder if they're going to try and bring in a multiplayer format sometime soon. Could be fun to play 3 on 1 (or 3 on AI) against a super-powered dungeon deck, like they had back in WoW TCG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
Microbadge: Chaos in the Old World fanMicrobadge: Warhammer 40,000 fan - Space Wolves - For Russ and the Allfather!Microbadge: Black Labrador Retriever loverMicrobadge: Golden Turtleback Painted Miniature Monthly Contest winnerMicrobadge: WFRP - Nurgle fan
I didn't find him hard to beat at all. 2-o against him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Microbadge: I am watching you... Day and night.Microbadge: I know what you did last login - I'm a Geekbuddy Stalker!Microbadge: I am watching you... Night and day.
I hoped that this Brawl will be a sign that they are working on a co-op mode, but the way they did this shows that there is no reason to think so. The co-op mode here is in fact the same game as an usual PvP with a cleverly designed minion to make a co-op scenario. The biggest indicator of how little was changed is that if the minion kills your partner then you still get a booster. Your opponent has been killed so the game assumes you won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bazyn wrote:
I hoped that this Brawl will be a sign that they are working on a co-op mode, but the way they did this shows that there is no reason to think so. The co-op mode here is in fact the same game as an usual PvP with a cleverly designed minion to make a co-op scenario. The biggest indicator of how little was changed is that if the minion kills your partner then you still get a booster. Your opponent has been killed so the game assumes you won.
I think the "cleverly designed minion" is probably a sign that they are NOT working on true co-op. How would they even fit 3 players' information on the screen? The minion is an interesting and creative work around, at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
Yeah, I also noted that when mechazod is on "my team" any minions he destroyed counted towards my daily quest. Too bad, I'd really enjoy playing "Raid Decks"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Too late, too late" will be the cry…
badge
…when the man with the bargains has passed you by.
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: RPG Geek of the Week!Microbadge: Golden Microbadge DesignerMicrobadge: Video Game Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!

Would've had him! But then he assassinated Thaddius. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls