Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: Addon: Onamor the Conjurer and Volkor the Drakonian rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I like the idea of having Summoner and Drakonian heroes. But if they are using the same miniatures as enemies, I see it a little bit "shabby"...

Don't mind using the same miniatures for the minions though. I'm aware of production limitations. But heroes deserve their own minis.

What are your thoughts?

The update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1402889231/sword-and-so...

PS: Love the succubus enemies, I hope we can reach that SG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The developers have stated that the final heroes figures will not be the exact same as the monsters. They probably should have specified that the images were placeholders but they indicated the final sculpts for the heroes were not ready at the time of posting. This was stated by a developer in the Kickstarter comments section, which is admittedly no conducive to finding such information.

Here's the exact text of the post:

Creator Ares Games about 1 hour ago

#Onamor and Volkor - they have different poses / equipment than the monster version. All the alternate parts of the figures have not been finished by the sculptor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the update in your link:
Quote:

Note: The pose of the figures will be different from the Demonologist/Drakonian Enemy figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Signore
Italy
Napoli
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They will use their own miniatures, which are different from similar enemies, as specified in the update #24. The demonologist also comes with his own minions, so you have 4 miniatures in the add-on: the demonologist/necromancer, the draconian fighter/mage, 1 eefret and one nightwalker. All of them are in grey plastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
another item from my wish list checked off! Nice add on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You are all right, guys. I didn't read that part. So this addon is totally worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get that added do you get extra characthers added to the add on pledge of a set of extra heroes?to . I was ordering that add on so I can paint the two diffrent versions of each heroes ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
If you get that added do you get extra characthers added to the add on pledge of a set of extra heroes?to . I was ordering that add on so I can paint the two diffrent versions of each heroes ?
Hero stretch goals are added to the "Hero figures only" add-on. Hero add-ons aren't added to the "Hero figures only" add-on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Guard
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mb

Wrote a comment about about it on the KS. Did get some bad feedback so it seams that the backers like the add-on.

Me on the other hand I'm not so keen on it. Maybe because I had so high hopes for the necro/summoner hero. How much will it be different from the enemy sculps? Ore will it be only a red enemy in grey? Hard to tell without some art or sculps.

I know that this KS is already great value. But this hero was what got me interested in this KS in the first place (he was teased on fb before the campaign). 150+$ is a lot of money in my country and I try not to back projects in not 110% sure about.

Still the game looks fantastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well gd is a fantastic game . And lots of hrs and fun could be had with the base game alone .. I have no doubt this game will be fantastic and worth the money! Every game I've back from this company is well put together and really polished which I can't say for other ks I've backed, which is nearing a 100!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus Guard wrote:

Wrote a comment about about it on the KS. Did get some bad feedback so it seams that the backers like the add-on.

Me on the other hand I'm not so keen on it. Maybe because I had so high hopes for the necro/summoner hero. How much will it be different from the enemy sculps? Ore will it be only a red enemy in grey? Hard to tell without some art or sculps.

I know that this KS is already great value. But this hero was what got me interested in this KS in the first place (he was teased on fb before the campaign). 150+$ is a lot of money in my country and I try not to back projects in not 110% sure about.

It just seems odd that one miniature would make or break the game for you, that's all. Ultimately, you know what's best for your hard earned cash.

As far as the model, Ares explained it already. It will be an alternate sculpt of the enemy one. Meaning it will be like all the other alternate sculpts in the game, i.e. the arms, heads and weapons will be different but not an entirely new mold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clausing
United States
Winfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus Guard wrote:

I'd have to agree with you, Marcus. For the $19 price tag, I'd like to see brand new unique sculpts (monsters included). Modifying prior sculpts with a slightly different pose and another weapon in grey is fine, but doesn't make me jump up and down and say 'gimme'.

It just seems corners were cut a bit here in this instance. All the other heroes have their own unique sculpt which are unrelated to the other characters.

I also wonder about the item cards. Are these all new or are they reused from the base set?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will get it for sure because I do love pet/summoner characters in pretty much everything, but I also am in the wish-it-was-significantly-different column.

That said, I think they could do a lot with alt models. And it's KIND OF cool to have the crossover between enemy/hero.

That said, I was pulling for a heroine, but c'est las vie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll get it because I'm an absolute sucker for reptile heroes.

Instant purchase for me. Not too bothered with the repeat sculpt, as I really like the Drakonian sculpt in the first place, and was unsure if my wife would let the dragon add on slip through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor wolf

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if the hero pack add on will include add on heroes? I don't think they will so I will need that option

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
I wonder if the hero pack add on will include add on heroes? I don't think they will so I will need that option
i think Ares already said that in the PM you will be able to purchase each add on hero (like for 2 dollars ?) if you have selected the add on heroes pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet I hope that's true . One thing I know they always take care of thee customer . Most company's that run a ks don't typically do 10 k stretch goals and if they do you usually get something small . But here you get 5 minis !! Great value for your dollar imop !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
Sweet I hope that's true . One thing I know they always take care of thee customer . Most company's that run a ks don't typically do 10 k stretch goals and if they do you usually get something small . But here you get 5 minis !! Great value for your dollar imop !!
Get the immortal bundle (+95$ for everything) that was just announced and you get the extra hero minis of the addons on top

Edit: To specifiy you get an extra Samyria, Onamor, Volkor with the Immortal bundle/pledge - this does not include the pets. It is also not needed, as the Efreet & Nightwalker are the summons of the Summoner and not used by the Necromancer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelteel wrote:
noahshu wrote:
Get the immortal bundle (+95$ for everything) that was just announced and you get the extra hero minis of the addons on top
Fantastic deal that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A. Castro
Spain
Córdoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that with the Inmortal Bundle/pledge you also get the extra pets/companions (bear, Efreet and Nightwalker) as you can see in this image:
https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/004/860/266/b957bef68dd9484...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
juan-agustin wrote:
It seems that with the Inmortal Bundle/pledge you also get the extra pets/companions (bear, Efreet and Nightwalker) as you can see in this image:
https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/004/860/266/b957bef68dd9484...
Confirmed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls