Popular Tags: Stuttgart [+] [View All]
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live up in Kaiserslautern and often get down to Stuttgart. I have a favorite store in Boblingen I usually go to when I'm down there, but is there another store in the area that might be worth seeing and spending some cash? Thx, -Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry... Unless I find something else, I'm going to head to Spiele-Pyramide in Karlsruhe on my way down. M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Strongpoint in Boblingen is where I choose to go when in Stuttgart area, I find it has the best of new titles and old titles.

I have not tried Spiele Pyramide in Karlsruhe...usually by the time I am driving through Karlsruhe I am frustrated with traffic and ready to be home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mostly German language games? I know Fantasy Strong Point has a good English Language Game section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Fantasy Strongpoint is where I usually go. I forgot the name. Will check out the other store mentioned and see how far away it is from where I'm staying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try Fantasy Stronghold in Ludwigsburg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Hihn
Germany
Walddorfhäslach
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm from the area and for me Fantasy Strongpoint in Böblingen is also the first address here. This shop is awesome.

Actually It's kinda weird that there's no real game store directly in Stuttgart. The only store that comes to mind is Spielwaren Kurtz. But that's more of a classic toy-shop with a decentish boardgame section. But I don'T think that you'll find English games there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is interesting that Stuttgart Proper does not have something bigger, same is the case in Heidelberg...really nothing for game stores in the town. You would think university town would have something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Again danke!

I love going to the stores rather than shopping online. I have given lots of money to a fun little store here in Kaiserslautern and occasionally run to a dragon something store in Saarbrucken. I've been to a great store in Koblenz and to Brave New World along with Merlins in Mainz and of course the fantasy store in Boblingen. In fact, I was there just a few weeks ago and do like that store. I'll try and hit Karlsruhe on my way down and if I have time today swing over to Wurfelwerg (sp). I might have an hour to jump to Fantasy on Saturday as I'm staying in Boblingen, but am really busy that day.

I think short of actually attending Essen Spiele, I've hit some great shops.
Danke Sehr!
-Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainMench wrote:
Again danke!

I love going to the stores rather than shopping online. I have given lots of money to a fun little store here in Kaiserslautern and occasionally run to a dragon something store in Saarbrucken. I've been to a great store in Koblenz and to Brave New World along with Merlins in Mainz and of course the fantasy store in Boblingen. In fact, I was there just a few weeks ago and do like that store. I'll try and hit Karlsruhe on my way down and if I have time today swing over to Wurfelwerg (sp). I might have an hour to jump to Fantasy on Saturday as I'm staying in Boblingen, but am really busy that day.

Danke Sehr!
-Mike

Let me know how the store in in Karlsruhe. (Snap a few photos maybe), always interested in the good stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheBigE wrote:
CaptainMench wrote:
Again danke!

Danke Sehr!
-Mike

Let me know how the store in in Karlsruhe. (Snap a few photos maybe), always interested in the good stores.

Sorry, didn't take photos... Here are some impressions.

Really large selection of board games. Wasn't the biggest I've seen here in Germany. Both BraveNewWorld and the store in Koblenz were bigger. They did have a wall of VERY new games including a copy of 504 for €77 and I bought Shakespeare there. They had a huge selection of Haba games and they are always fun to look thru. Also a large selection mixed in of general department store games. Lots of other stuff that brings in general public like Legos and Kosmos games, puzzles and slot care racing. Small selection upstairs of warhammer and the like but did have a few unbefore seen miniature box games. And a section of marked-down items including games.

OH, something I enjoyed and used... Upstairs was a large wall of opened games and playing tables. These games were both old and new and was able to take a look at components and rules of a few games I was interested in. Sadly, too much German text to buy for me.

Prices were slightly high. But not overly for the selection and the crowd they'd hope to attract into their store. Bought Shakespeare for €47 and Tides of Time for €13 (same game in Boblingen later that day was €9.99).

It was a nice inner-city family toy/game store with friendly (and large) staff. Parking on the street right out front cost €2/stunde and a large garage was right there too. Light rail system stopped right out front also. Construction in the city and on the exits from the A5 made it difficult to navigate there, but not impossible.

Their website and Facebook page have pictures of the inside of the store.

-m

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind that... I won't buy it if it is way too hard to translate, but a lot of games just don't need it so I always look.

I was in the aisles of Fantasy Strongpoint yesterday and one of the owners was just about to put the new Ticket to Ride UK map on the shelf! Dude, I'll take one of those, bitte!

I do like that store. Always have a table right by the front door with all their new stuff on it!

-m

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qutu wrote:
Würfelzwerg in Esslingen. Really nice shop.

A MUST visit again store! First, the town is beautiful. Old German city with lots of half-timber buildings and tight walking car-free streets. The store sits in the middle of it all and is a beautiful old building - home, maybe? They've been there two years and have a great selection. I only had €20 on me, but I made sure I spent it all. Next time I'm in Stuttgart area I must go back!

Oh, I hear it is a very nice Weihnachtsmarkt also!

Getting to be gluweinzeit!

-Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.