Subject: Defender does not deploy any unit on a map rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lukas Kotek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Hi all,

maybe just weird question.. What happens if defender deploys all his units (he has just 3 pcs) into Reserve box so attacker grabs whole map during deployment phase?

I played couple of initial turns with my friend and he was able to save 3 italian units in turn 3 since he deployed all of them in Reserve box and no unit on map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot place units in the Strategic Reserve until Turn 3, except from a DW combat result (12.4). If from Turn 3 he does place all his units in the Strategic Reserve then he is yielding control of the map (15.1), and loses half his SPs and the initiative (15.2).

Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Kotek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Thank you Philip for reaction. I dont think we could apply 15.1&2 because map was not contested. Fortunately I found 18.6. in new rulebook called Strategic retreats which fits exactly to our situation. Defender loses half SPs PLUS half dotted units if voluntarily yields Non-contested map. Attacker loses 2 SPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.