Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
I also believe that you met the King of the Forest, Mei, and meeting him is a sign of good luck.
Microbadge: Little green army men - bazookaMicrobadge: Spirit Island Fan - FearMicrobadge: Mice and Mystics fanMicrobadge: Terra Mystica fanMicrobadge: Little green army men - minesweeper
So I just got Terra Mystica recently and was playing it with my wife and her brother when their dad walked in and saw the game board. "Whatcha playing? Looks like Monopoly." "Well it does have little hotel things." I replied. I don't mind that comparison from a person who only plays cards and dominoes, but I could feel the whole of BGG groan at that remark and thought I'd share it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel L
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: Pizza loverMicrobadge: Drum 'n' Bass fanMicrobadge: 1.21 Gigawatts!Microbadge: El Grande fan
I've definitely resisted the urge to make a joke about upgrading my houses to hotels while playing Terra Mystica.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Space Trucker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Feuerland Spiele fanMicrobadge: I love IcelandMicrobadge: Eclipse fanMicrobadge: Gaia Project fanMicrobadge: Skull King fan
For younger non-gamers the dialog would be more like:
"Whatcha playing? Looks like Catan." "Well... Kind of...."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Gaia Project fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Vladimir Chvátil fanMicrobadge: KeyForge fan
Oh, I heard that so often shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls