Subject: Vasal Module rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... I am disgusted and disappointed, but I still want to believe people can be honest and sensible.
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger. If I am still lingering here, it's for the gold
mbmbmbmbmb

I have received an email notification from NSKN announcing - besides the launch Kickstarter campaign for Simurgh and Simurgh: Call of the Dragonlord on November 24 - the availability free of charge of a Vassal module for Mistfall.

I have a few questions about the module. Since I received it vie Dropbox and it is not listed on the Vassal website, who may have access to it? Is it only meant for Kickstarter backers?

Secondly, I still haven't figured how to randomly select location tiles when I set up a quest. I think the tile stacks should be flipped just like the encounter stacks.

Thirdly, an improvement on the physical game would be to have transparent cubes which allow the players to see the numbers underneath.

Last but not least, congratulations for the module! It is basic, the text would have been more legible if the fonts were embedded as fonts rather than scanned, but it is great because it is much easier to unpack and pack than my cardboard copy. Thank you for your initiative!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erawen Lowhunger
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Descent fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Letters from Whitechapel fanMicrobadge: NSKN Games "Mistfall" Contest participantMicrobadge: Copper Board Game Collector
gmilitaru wrote:

I have received an email notification from NSKN announcing - besides the launch Kickstarter campaign for Simurgh and Simurgh: Call of the Dragonlord on November 24 - the availability free of charge of a Vassal module for Mistfall.

I have a few questions about the module. Since I received it vie Dropbox and it is not listed on the Vassal website, who may have access to it? Is it only meant for Kickstarter backers?

Secondly, I still haven't figured how to randomly select location tiles when I set up a quest. I think the tile stacks should be flipped just like the encounter stacks.

Thirdly, an improvement on the physical game would be to have transparent cubes which allow the players to see the numbers underneath.

Last but not least, congratulations for the module! It is basic, the text would have been more legible if the fonts were embedded as fonts rather than scanned, but it is great because it is much easier to unpack and pack than my cardboard copy. Thank you for your initiative!
Indeed, looks great. Except, I don't know how to use Vassal. Loaded the module, but how does a game start?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Martin
United States
Lacey
WA
flag msg tools
Check out my Hollenguard book series on Amazon!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience as both a player and module creator, Vassal modules are simply a play space with all the components. They don't generally do much to run the game for you, so you still have to learn the rules and then manipulate all the components just like you were sitting at a table IRL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... I am disgusted and disappointed, but I still want to believe people can be honest and sensible.
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger. If I am still lingering here, it's for the gold
mbmbmbmbmb
maartend wrote:
Indeed, looks great. Except, I don't know how to use Vassal. Loaded the module, but how does a game start?
Well, if the module has been loaded into Vassal, you can start it by double clicking it. Unless you have another player available on-line, you should choose to play off-line (as an observer, but I do not think this option matters for Mistfall). You then set up the game as you would a physical copy using the buttons at the top and dragging and/or right-clicking the various components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Baker
United States
Carlsbad
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Hey-You Looked! Been on BGG for a couple years and just getting around to this...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to just ask- where is the module?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The module is in a Dropbox folder, available at a link received by e-mail from NSKN.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Martin
United States
Lacey
WA
flag msg tools
Check out my Hollenguard book series on Amazon!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mailed Blazej earlier and he said that he expects the module designer to upload it to the Vassal website soon, at which time he intends to share the link in as many places as he can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I still have that dumb question: how can I select a random, upside-down mix of red, blue and green tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
None Ya
msg tools
It's a dumb process, but the best I've found. Grab all the tiles you wan to use and stick them in the empty slot below the 3 stacks. Delete the remaining tiles. Drag that stack to one of the 3 starting areas, and you can now right click and shuffle. Then draw from there or move them to the empty slot that flips them upside down again, if you want to not look.

Kind of clunky, but only way I've found to shuffle them all together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Actually I still know how many times of each tile I have and the exact name of at least three of them. I think the module should be upgraded so that the tiles in the three stakes are upside down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmm .. a Vassal module?
Where can i get it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, emailed NSKN and got a link per mail.
but the link does not work and they told me that the module should be available at vassal itself.
I do not find it there.. some advise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried the VASSAL Module yesterday with 2 players.

- setting up the map of tiles without knowing the tiles is very complex and not intuitive.. hope they will upgrade the module at this point.

- i was missing some kind of "Hand"-window where my cards in hand are placed in and the other players could not look at. actually i have to lay down my hand below my hero-tableau .. its a little bit confusing.

- i wish there were a token/pieces-window from which i can easily grab the tokens. the actual implementation by pressing a button which opens some kind of menu is not good.

- for tracking your resolves .. a simple count-tracker would be nice. there is no need to place resolve-tokens on the boards or the Playarea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trob Laar
msg tools
I gave it a try, seems interesting. But am I missing something, or is the text quality really that bad?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls