Popular Tags: [View All]
Renee Thorson
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone!

We have a small group of gamers that meets once or twice a month in Albert Lea and we would love to have some more people join our group.

We seem to play mostly euro games but are open to anything. Last time we met we played:

Glass Road - loved this, can't wait to get it to the table again!
Ticket to Ride:Marklin
Dixit
For Sale

Please respond if you are interested in joining us. We know their must be more gamers in the southern MN and northern Iowa area!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
This happy cat is excited about new board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are more! At least if Mankato and Rochester are Southern Minnesota enough for you laugh

I help head the Mankato Board Game group. We have weekly Thursday evening gaming at The Dork Den downtown and open play days or release events on weekends every month or so. Some of our players would be up to the drive to Albert Lea for some games on the right night so I linked to this discussion on our Facebook page. If you are on Facebook you can check out our group here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/135177583201376/

We have the very inclusive name "South Central MN Hobby Gaming" so it might be of use to your group too.

Keep us posted on events and maybe I'll get down to game with you sometime! Good luck growing your group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm headed that way (northern Iowa) next week and will be around all week. Christmas stuff going on with in-laws, but otherwise I would love to catch a meetup if anyone is going to be gathering for games. I'm also a disc golf nut, so I'll make it up to Albert Lea once for that if nothing else. I'd trade the dg course for a table of gamers if I must
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee Thorson
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zack- Thanks for responding, somehow I am missing responses to my posting, so sorry for this delay.

I am glad to here some of you might be willing to drive to Albert Lea for some gaming! We have a few that regularly come up from Froest City Iowa as well. We usually meet on either Friday or Saturday nights, once or twice per month. Or if we want to get more game time in, we will start mid afternoon on a Saturday.

I will post when I know when our next gathering is. Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Blankenship
msg tools
Hmmm...I live in Albert Lea... I like to game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
icemanlu606 wrote:
Hmmm...I live in Albert Lea... I like to game...
Shoot me a geekmail if you've got some time Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Saturday, and you want to get some games in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee Thorson
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be hosting a board game night in Albert Lea on Friday January 8th. Come one come all, Everyone is invited! 4:00 to 10:00 pm. Hope to see some new faces this year. Please geek mail me for address.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee Thorson
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a great night of games on Friday! We started off playing several games of Quarto and Quaridors while we waited for everyone to arrive. Followed that with Machi Koro (with Harbor and Millionaires Row expansions), Then played one of my favorite Uwe Rosenberg games - Glass Road. We ended the night with another new favorite Walnut Grove.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee Thorson
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We will be having a day of gaming in Albert Lea this Saturday, March 12th from 2:00 - 10:00 p.m. We are expecting about 6 people so far, but would love to see some new faces! Please send me a geekmail if you are interested in joining us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee Thorson
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun night of gaming last night!

We played:

Castles of Burgandy
Machi Koro
Coup
For Sale
Through the Dessert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Jordal
United States
Forest City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for hosting ... hopefully I can make more of these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
Microbadge: Chaos in the Old World fanMicrobadge: Warhammer 40,000 fan - Space Wolves - For Russ and the Allfather!Microbadge: Black Labrador Retriever loverMicrobadge: Golden Turtleback Painted Miniature Monthly Contest winnerMicrobadge: WFRP - Nurgle fan
I know Renee is planning on attending, but if anyone else over that way hasn't heard of it yet, there will be a gaming convention in Austin May 13-15th.

https://www.facebook.com/events/667274456709496/

Hope to see you all there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee Thorson
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been tough getting enough people together for gaming, but I do have a few people coming on Tuesday Jan 24th from 5:00 to 10:00 and as always we would love to see some new faces!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything going on up there this week through Saturday?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee Thorson
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I didnt see this earlier, we did have a group of 5 of us gaming on that Friday night. I guess I need to check this more often!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh! One of these days . Back home in the KCMO area now. Happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee Thorson
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am on a roll and checked 2 days in a row! Sorry we missed each other again, Happy Gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee Thorson
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As we are starting to get a regular group together again, I will start posting on here in hopes of finding more people to join us.

On January 16th 4 of us got together and played 2 games of Kingdom Builder:Nomads. As there were new people to the group there was also lots of talking and getting to know one another.

Our next scheduled game night will be on Tuesday February 27th at 5:00. Please shoot me a geek mail or reply to this thread if you are interested in joining us. We would love to have you!

I am also always open for an impromptu game day- so if you are in the area drop me a line!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee Thorson
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a small get together on February 3rd. Just 3 of us - but we had a great time playing Power Grid, Above and Below, and Agricola: All Creatures big and Small.

Send me a geek mail if you are interested in joining us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee Thorson
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Night! Tuesday February 27th, from 5:00 to 9:00ish. Message,e or reply if interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee Thorson
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had 4 people for game night on Tuesday and played Puerto Rico all night! I was just learning the game and give it two thumbs up.

Next day for gaming will be Monday March 12th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee Thorson
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are starting a weekly board game group that will meet every Tuesday evening at 6:00starting May 22nd, 2018. Hope to see some new folks! Message me if your interested in joining us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Mykkanen
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy, Renee and any others in the Albert Lea area that enjoy board gaming. I'm a recent transplant from Minneapolis and I'm interested in any game groups in the area. Anything regular happening?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee Thorson
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I run a group that usually meets weekly. The day seems to change with the different seasons to accommodate my sons sports schedule. We are currently meeting every Sunday afternoon at 1:00. We have 11 official group members, but there usually is only around 4-5 on any given week.
What types of games do you enjoy or are your favorites? Our group leans heavily towards Euros, but will play just about anything. Some of my favorites are Castles of Burgandy, Viticulture, Istanbul and Puerto Rico.
Let me know if Sunday works for you. If not I am sure we can get a few of us together on a different night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Mykkanen
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beept wrote:
Hello,

I run a group that usually meets weekly. The day seems to change with the different seasons to accommodate my sons sports schedule. We are currently meeting every Sunday afternoon at 1:00. We have 11 official group members, but there usually is only around 4-5 on any given week.
What types of games do you enjoy or are your favorites? Our group leans heavily towards Euros, but will play just about anything. Some of my favorites are Castles of Burgandy, Viticulture, Istanbul and Puerto Rico.
Let me know if Sunday works for you. If not I am sure we can get a few of us together on a different night.
Thanks Renee! Sundays are probably iffy. I'm the new pastor at Sojourners Church (we meet in the Skyline Plaza across from Sibley), so I'm pretty busy on Sundays already. But I might be able to make it sometimes. Where do you meet and is there an RSVP?

I favor mid-heavy Euros. The ones you mentioned are great. I also really enjoy Spirit Island, Terraforming Mars, Orleans, etc. I'm a little bit cult of the new too, so Everdell & Gizmos are getting some decent play. I enjoy solo games as well as games I can play with my kiddos (12, 11, and 9).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |