Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay,

Help us to choose the best possible time for campaign launch.

Poll: The launch schedule of Perdition's Mouth Kickstarter
Select your favorite time for campaign launch hour. Yes, we'll be online on 11.11.2015.

CET = Central European Standard Time (Which Finland is not part of, yet)
EST = Eastern coast standard time)

Of course we aim to have strong beginning day for the campaign. Help us to choose the most opportune time.
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
12:00 CET (06 AM EST)
15.3% 11
14:00 CET (08 AM EST)
15.3% 11
16:00 CET (10 AM EST)
30.6% 22
18:00 CET (12 AM EST)
12.5% 9
20:00 CET (14 AM EST)
26.4% 19
Voters 72
This poll is now closed.   72 answers
Poll created by Eridis
Closes: Mon Nov 9, 2015 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Loblaw
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
If only it was 904 years ago soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
We were thinking of 11:11 but that's too hard to time
I'm on the move on that day (driving from Finland to Vienna, Austria) to attend Vienna Spielfest. Two hour approximation we can do, per minute, not likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Belconnen
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
Aging One wrote:
We were thinking of 11:11 but that's too hard to time
I'm on the move on that day (driving from Finland to Vienna, Austria) to attend Vienna Spielfest. Two hour approximation we can do, per minute, not likely.
David was suggesting the eleventh hour, not the eleventh minute of the eleventh hour: surely that is doable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no EBs, right Timo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
California
flag msg tools
If there's no EB, doesn't really matter

(to me lol)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertastas wrote:

(to me lol)

I am not fond of early birds as I'm personally too busy to ever catch any of those. Thus, I can't find any reasons why I'd like to share the frustration by implementing EB's.

So, no EBs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertastas wrote:

(to me lol)
Oh yes it does!
I want to be backer #1!
It will not happen, but it would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
qwertastas wrote:

(to me lol)

I am not fond of early birds as I'm personally too busy to ever catch any of those. Thus, I can't find any reasons why I'd like to share the frustration by implementing EB's.

So, no EBs.
You might consider a time limited EB, like 24 or 48 hours, similar to what Ares did with Sword & Sorcery.

It seems to give momentum to a project and eliminates the clickfest like you see with CMoN projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rvinyard wrote:
Eridis wrote:
qwertastas wrote:

(to me lol)

So, no EBs.
You might consider a time limited EB, like 24 or 48 hours, similar to what Ares did with Sword & Sorcery.

It seems to give momentum to a project and eliminates the clickfest like you see with CMoN projects.
What I have been thinking is a mechanism that would give benefits to all people involved if we're having a good start.

It has not been self evident how to implement it, but what I have thought as a possibility is a booster mechanism that would give additional goodies based on how soon the "funded" level is reached.

The hard question is to scale it properly, so that it's possible and positive.

Like time based 'stretch goals' for levels below funding? Could that work out? Of course those would be provisional (eg. if funding goal is NOT reached, we can't deliver anything).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
What I have been thinking is a mechanism that would give benefits to all people involved if we're having a good start.

It has not been self evident how to implement it, but what I have thought as a possibility is a booster mechanism that would give additional goodies based on how soon the "funded" level is reached.

Like time based 'stretch goals' for levels below funding? Could that work out? Of course those would be provisional (eg. if funding goal is NOT reached, we can't deliver anything).
That sounds really cool!
I've never seen that in a campaign before.
Hope you manage to pull it off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
rvinyard wrote:
Eridis wrote:
qwertastas wrote:

(to me lol)

So, no EBs.

It sounds cool, but I think that many potential buyers won't get it, and many won't spend the time to look into it.

In general, it seems that the simpler the approach the better for gathering backers.

It is unfortunate to say, but it seems that the perception of limits (whether time or quantity) really appeals to the masses.

It also seems that momentum on launch is incredibly important, and I've seen great ideas from great publishers and designers linger in some sort of Kickstarter purgatory if they don't get that initial rush.

Others, like Jamey Stegmeyer's recent Scythe project manage to get that momentum without Early Birds. It's a tough call which is the right way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rvinyard wrote:
Others, like Jamey Stegmeyer's recent Scythe project manage to get that momentum without Early Birds. It's a tough call which is the right way.
Known designer and publisher with a strong, well deserved reputation and a large fan following plus plenty of talk about the game before the KS started. Very hard to replicate that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mandor wrote:
rvinyard wrote:
Known designer and publisher with a strong, well deserved reputation and a large fan following plus plenty of talk about the game before the KS started. Very hard to replicate that.
Jamey is like prophet of Kickstarting and even in my hubris-days I would not assume having same status.

So for our campaign the first day(s) of activity has to be earned somehow. We'll think of a way, but naturally appreciate every bit of help you can give.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
Mandor wrote:
rvinyard wrote:
Jamey is like prophet of Kickstarting and even in my hubris-days I would not assume having same status.

So for our campaign the first day(s) of activity has to be earned somehow. We'll think of a way, but naturally appreciate every bit of help you can give.
You've had plenty of talk on these forums the past few months and you have a mailing list of interested people. I'd suggest sending out an appeal the day of or day before the KS starts asking people to pledge early to help build momentum. That's pretty much all you can do without an early bird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mandor wrote:
Eridis wrote:
Mandor wrote:
rvinyard wrote:

You've had plenty of talk on these forums the past few months and you have a mailing list of interested people. I'd suggest sending out an appeal the day of or day before the KS starts asking people to pledge early to help build momentum. That's pretty much all you can do without an early bird.
indeed. And we'll do that for sure.

We're still thinking if we can do something more. Let's see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mandor wrote:
rvinyard wrote:
True, but Kevin Wilson and Arkham Horror, Android, Cosmic Encounter, Descent: Journeys in the Dark, Elder Sign, Doom, Fury of Dracula, WarCraft, Wiz-War and The X-Files make for an impressive resume.

I have to admit that Kevin Wilson being attached to this project is what caught my attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rvinyard wrote:
Mandor wrote:
rvinyard wrote:
True, but Kevin Wilson and Arkham Horror, Android, Cosmic Encounter, Descent: Journeys in the Dark, Elder Sign, Doom, Fury of Dracula, WarCraft, Wiz-War and The X-Files make for an impressive resume.

I have to admit that Kevin Wilson being attached to this project is what caught my attention.
Yep. Kevin Wilson is a very much a known name. And I didn't invite him to the development team randomly. He has very thorough knowledge of dungeon crawling scene due to obvious reasons. And we have worked very nicely as a team.

In the end, I still think success requires everyones efforts. We aim to find means to make worth your efforts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Less talk, more kickstarter launching!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:

Peter, you might want to take a look the KS page. We've updated it once again to be one step closer to launch status.

Wednesday is soon at hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
lugiber wrote:

Peter, you might want to take a look the KS page. We've updated it once again to be one step closer to launch status.

Will do my good sir!
But it will have to wait until tomorrow. Today is beer and boardgame day (the first in a month.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
Eridis wrote:
lugiber wrote:

Will do my good sir!
But it will have to wait until tomorrow. Today is beer and boardgame day (the first in a month.)
Sounds like excellent way to spend a Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos D
Taiwan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Grimlord Games fanMicrobadge: 1066, Tears to Many Mothers fanMicrobadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: I love Taiwan!Microbadge: Golden Image Uploader
Eridis wrote:
rvinyard wrote:
Eridis wrote:
qwertastas wrote:

(to me lol)

So, no EBs.

Sound pretty good to me. I hate EBs. One idea to get more backers...I suppose that you will ask Tristan Hall to shout out to the Gloom of Kilforth crowd. I will be a day one backer for you because of the cross promo between both games. Perdition's Mouth looks awesome, but I only found about it during the GoK campaign. See you in a few days!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. I like the cross-promotion as well. And I suppose we did rather well with Tristans Gloom of Kilforth and Isaacs Gloomhaven, as both of those games will be great and likely have similarly minded backers as we'd be interested to finding for us.

I also believe that we did some positive effort for their campaigns. I'm rather convinced that we'll be hearing "Perdition's Mouth time" from them later on this week.

And thanks for backing on first day. We truly appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |