Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Epic Card Game» Forums » News

Subject: Errata posted for Thought Plucker, Transform, and Wave of Transformation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
We have released errata for Thought Plucker, Transform, and Wave of Transformation. Please have a look at this article to read why, and to get links to print-and-play versions of the updated cards.

http://www.epiccardgame.com/november-2015-gameplay-update/

- Nathan Davis
Studio Manager, WWG
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NathanWWG wrote:
We have released errata for Thought Plucker, Transform, and Wave of Transformation. Please have a look at this article to read why, and to get links to print-and-play versions of the updated cards.

http://www.epiccardgame.com/november-2015-gameplay-update/

- Nathan Davis
Studio Manager, WWG
great to see the "Errata" don't make existing cards unusable (I must admit I was holding my breath for a moment there) -- So this next question is nothing too important to me: Are there any plans to include the errata'ed versions of the cards in the next expansion? Just for consistency's sake?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jaconetti
United States
Simpsonville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NathanWWG wrote:
We have released errata for Thought Plucker, Transform, and Wave of Transformation. Please have a look at this article to read why, and to get links to print-and-play versions of the updated cards.

http://www.epiccardgame.com/november-2015-gameplay-update/

- Nathan Davis
Studio Manager, WWG
Ooh, now the speculation can begin on what these Champions are going to be Transformed into in the expansion...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshian Grr
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Truck Golem!

5 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
DomHiob wrote:
NathanWWG wrote:
We have released errata for Thought Plucker, Transform, and Wave of Transformation. Please have a look at this article to read why, and to get links to print-and-play versions of the updated cards.

http://www.epiccardgame.com/november-2015-gameplay-update/

- Nathan Davis
Studio Manager, WWG
great to see the "Errata" don't make existing cards unusable (I must admit I was holding my breath for a moment there) -- So this next question is nothing too important to me: Are there any plans to include the errata'ed versions of the cards in the next expansion? Just for consistency's sake?
I can confirm: No, we aren't including them in the expansion. If we did, people might complain that we're not giving them new cards or something. =)

The main reason we aren't including them: The expansion is balanced as it is, we can't add new cards for money reasons, and we can't remove cards for balance reasons.

If we do another print run of the first set, we will almost certainly update the cards.

- Nathan Davis
Studio Manager, WWG
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Blakemore
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


I wouldn't even call this errata, honestly. Two cards will get their effect standarized by a new keyword, and one has it's wording clarified. Nothing about it changes how the cards were meant to be played or actually were being played by my group. Certainly not anything I'd ever expect a reissuing of cards over.

Hell, I remember when MtG cards said the word "Tap" instead of having the little bent arrow. This seems about as significant.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Twowolves wrote:


I wouldn't even call this errata, honestly. Two cards will get their effect standarized by a new keyword, and one has it's wording clarified. Nothing about it changes how the cards were meant to be played or actually were being played by my group. Certainly not anything I'd ever expect a reissuing of cards over.

Hell, I remember when MtG cards said the word "Tap" instead of having the little bent arrow. This seems about as significant.
Pretty much this. It's non-functional errata, and the decision was easy.

Functional errata, if it happens, will not happen lightly.

Ian Taylor
Rules Manager
White Wizard Games
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NathanWWG wrote:
I can confirm: No, we aren't including them in the expansion. If we did, people might complain that we're not giving them new cards or something. =)

The main reason we aren't including them: The expansion is balanced as it is, we can't add new cards for money reasons, and we can't remove cards for balance reasons.

If we do another print run of the first set, we will almost certainly update the cards.

- Nathan Davis
Studio Manager, WWG
Thanks for answering! Also: I guess as long as the versions we got in the first print run will be legal for all purposes private and public, I'm fine with no errata'ed cards in future expansions Btw: great to hear you're working on expansions!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
DomHiob wrote:
Thanks for answering! Also: I guess as long as the versions we got in the first print run will be legal for all purposes private and public, I'm fine with no errata'ed cards in future expansions Btw: great to hear you're working on expansions!
We'd be pretty horrible if we didn't let you use the cards you purchased just because we issued clarifying errata.

- Nathan Davis
Studio Manager, WWG
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Oppedisano
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update. One of my usual annoying questions after looking at the upcoming change in terminology:

Regarding the Transform effect: If a card already played is transforming into another card, does the subsequent token count as being deployed?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
oppedj02 wrote:
Regarding the Transform effect: If a card already played is transforming into another card, does the subsequent token count as being deployed?
Yes. The reminder text on Transform makes this clearer.

(Put it on the bottom of its owner’s deck. Its controller puts a wolf token into play.)

Thematically, one thing is becoming another thing. Mechanically, a new champion is entering your part of the In-play area. Also, we didn't want to mechanically change Wave of Transformation -- do you really need an army of blitzing wolves? =)

- Nathan
...yes, obviously I need an army of blitzing wolves...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: 2015 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2016 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2017 Secret Santa participant Microbadge: 2018 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Santa participant
NathanWWG wrote:
oppedj02 wrote:
Regarding the Transform effect: If a card already played is transforming into another card, does the subsequent token count as being deployed?
Yes. The reminder text on Transform makes this clearer.

(Put it on the bottom of its owner’s deck. Its controller puts a wolf token into play.)

Thematically, one thing is becoming another thing. Mechanically, a new champion is entering your part of the In-play area. Also, we didn't want to mechanically change Wave of Transformation -- do you really need an army of blitzing wolves? =)

- Nathan
...yes, obviously I need an army of blitzing wolves...
A malevolent deity, at war with your god, just turned you into a wolf. That would not leave you confused and stuck learning how to run on 4 legs and bite stuff?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
NathanWWG wrote:
oppedj02 wrote:
Regarding the Transform effect: If a card already played is transforming into another card, does the subsequent token count as being deployed?
Yes. The reminder text on Transform makes this clearer.

(Put it on the bottom of its owner’s deck. Its controller puts a wolf token into play.)

Thematically, one thing is becoming another thing. Mechanically, a new champion is entering your part of the In-play area. Also, we didn't want to mechanically change Wave of Transformation -- do you really need an army of blitzing wolves? =)

- Nathan
...yes, obviously I need an army of blitzing wolves...
A malevolent deity, at war with your god, just turned you into a wolf. That would not leave you confused and stuck learning how to run on 4 legs and bite stuff?
For a few of us, being converted into a wolf, can be considered an improvement...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NathanWWG wrote:


If WHEN we do another print run of the first set, we will almost certainly update the cards.

- Nathan Davis
Studio Manager, WWG
FTFY.
I was going to buy additional 2 starters to have a draft cube.
So now I must count on that you underestimated demand and this print-run runs out quickly?
Don't forget to update the manual.
Will box for version 1.01 be distinguishable from first version?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernado wrote:
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
NathanWWG wrote:
oppedj02 wrote:
Regarding the Transform effect: If a card already played is transforming into another card, does the subsequent token count as being deployed?
Yes. The reminder text on Transform makes this clearer.

(Put it on the bottom of its owner’s deck. Its controller puts a wolf token into play.)

Thematically, one thing is becoming another thing. Mechanically, a new champion is entering your part of the In-play area. Also, we didn't want to mechanically change Wave of Transformation -- do you really need an army of blitzing wolves? =)

- Nathan
...yes, obviously I need an army of blitzing wolves...
A malevolent deity, at war with your god, just turned you into a wolf. That would not leave you confused and stuck learning how to run on 4 legs and bite stuff?
For a few of us, being converted into a wolf, can be considered an improvement...
For starters, you would have less facial hair.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rafal100 wrote:
NathanWWG wrote:


If WHEN we do another print run of the first set, we will almost certainly update the cards.

- Nathan Davis
Studio Manager, WWG
FTFY.
I was going to buy additional 2 starters to have a draft cube.
So now I must count on that you underestimated demand and this print-run runs out quickly?
Don't forget to update the manual.
Will box for version 1.01 be distinguishable from first version?
I hope for additional print runs, too, as I am also very tempted to get two more sets. I only need to find more players.

Is there a chance for non-English (specifically, German) versions, too? I am currently so hyped for this game that I would offer my help for a German translation, too...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls